Havengore Bridge back working

tillergirl

Visit site
Havengore Bridge: Now Open to marine traffic

This is to inform you that the repairs to Havengore Bridge road safety barriers have now been completed and the bridge is now open to marine traffic.

We apologies for any inconvenience caused whilst these essential safety repairs were undertaken.

Regards

Nicki Uden – Community Liaison Officer, MOD SHOEBURYNESS RANGE

galeus

Visit site
Thanks very much for that, did this trip in late August and was late on the tide and finished up going aground. Entirely my own fault as we have done this trip a number of times over the years, so we spent the night (a Saturday) on Maplin sands which was very nice indeed. I did note that we were way over to the left when leaving the bridge and there was more water where the new channel is, though I can't blame this to have caused our plight.
Now putting those new coordinates in my plotter.

MikeBz

Visit site

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Just to add to Havengore information.

The Roach Sailing Association has done some work on the buoys at the Broomway. The information can be found in their September 2023 newletter/ It is the last article. http://www.roachriver.org.uk/rsa/newsletter/2023_sep.pdf
Thanks. Nice site.
I don't suppose any of you nice people could provide a simple chartlet for the Havengore crossing to the Thames ?

It would be great if you could.