Have you learnt anything at all of use on here?

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: C.P.D.

A self help group would be good, helping those who help others help themselves .... oh no another post.

People who post on here and mbc are definately bi-polar:))

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: HAPPY

I may Martin, but I have to acquire the sea skills first, I would rather do that with a bit of control e.g. an engine, rather than go straight out in a vessel that would demand so much skill. I will walk first before I attempt to run.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: C.P.D.

Have you got that test, my wife said I should try it before she leaves me /forums/images/icons/wink.gif She suggested trying to ge it tonight /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

lauradee

Visit site
yes

i bought an eberspacher for less than 1/3 price and it works good!!
i learned that one can wind crusties up,
i learned that the majority of crusties think that there is a fault with diesel engines called "bore glazing" although in all my working life as a maintenance man i never tried to trouble shoot a prob called bore glazing.
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: yes

what is a crustie?

lauradee

Visit site
old farts

with nothing better to do than lurk around forums making sure that new ideas are denigrated so that crusties ideas are perpetuated for ever!! :)
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: old farts

Cheers mate, that makes sense!!

bigmart

Visit site
Re: yes

When I asked a guy I know who is a deisel expert about bore Glazing and how engine load was supposed to prevent it he said." Youve got an Alternator havn't you. Thats a load"

Says it all really doesn't it.

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
Yes

Of course. Especially when you think you understand something, someone will point out alternative interpretations, explanations etc.. Always worth listenning to peoples advice on the forum.

Jeff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Maintenance philosophy

That's maintenance for you. Ignore the accumulated engineering, design and research experience of more than 50 years and decides that because he hasn't seen it, or more likely failed to recognise it when he did, it doesn't exist. Try entering "diesel bore glazing" into Google and see how many agree with you.

Mother watching troops march by -"Oh look, every one of them is out of step except our Johnny".

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site
Re: Not only is the advice good ...

I have you marked down for Scuba diving advice. Right?

Unfortunately I blew my ears a few years ago, so can't any more. But if a snorkling question arises ...

lauradee

Visit site
well i did

and guess what, weve got a company with a vested interest in za, wherever that is, flogging a patent snake oil type product that is supposed to do all sorts of things, well it would wouldnt it?
plus a load of thumble thumbs muttering about a subject that they try to use their logic to legitimise plus a some one whose biz is based on seconhand bits and second hand engines to build hi pressure pumps!!
real experts and some one with a vested interest!!
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>