Have boat will travel (eventually)

kunyang

Visit site
Our plans have moved forward and we pick up our Yacht (a Moody 42) in early October. Early retirement in April, if all goes to plan. So we lift out in November and install;
1) holding tanks
2) new auto helm
3) folding prop
4) new rigging
5) water maker (wifes only requirement) (if we have any money left, I haven't told her yet)
6) loads of little bits!
I think I've got a busy winter ahead
Christine is responsible for the kitchen and carpets in the house prior to renting it out.

Wish us luck

Tranona

Visit site
You have some expensive items on your shopping list - time for hard bargaining! However you might up the budget a bit and go for a feathering rather than a folding prop. More suitable for your type of boat and usage.

kunyang

Visit site
I'll discuss with suppliers at the boat show. Folding or feathering, i'll need advise. It is instead of a prop break, and will give me a little more speed.

madian2

Visit site
Good luck! It will be worth it, we left in April 2015 and have had a great time, thoroughly recommend it. Our blog is www.rivalady.wordpress.com, feel free to come back to us if you've got any questions, and get a good Project Plan in place, the weeks will quickly disappear and it will be launch time before you know it!

kunyang

Visit site
The weeks are already disappearing, but the light on the horizon is that my firm has asked for voluntary redundancy applications, so if my luck holds, I could have a cash and time injection, that is, if they don't get too many applicants.

kunyang

Visit site
They are on the list. It is a very long list, as well as another battery bank and new anchor winch ( I call these the little bits)