Hardy's Gosport

richardbrennan

Visit site
I had lunch in Hardy's at Haslar Marina today for the first time. Nothing fancy, just a sausage and egg baguette and a pot of tea, but it was of excellent quality and good value at a fiver. I shall definitely try it for dinner one evening.

jofb

Visit site
I had lunch in Hardy's at Haslar Marina today for the first time. Nothing fancy, just a sausage and egg baguette and a pot of tea, but it was of excellent quality and good value at a fiver. I shall definitely try it for dinner one evening.
And you won't be disappointed, I reckon.
Some fine food at very reasonable prices and served by some very friendly staff - I just wish it looked busier than it sometimes does and they can make a go of it, they deserve to succeed
(& No, I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer who would like to see it survive and prosper in these difficult times.)

Pinnacle

Visit site
And you won't be disappointed, I reckon.
Some fine food at very reasonable prices and served by some very friendly staff - I just wish it looked busier than it sometimes does and they can make a go of it, they deserve to succeed
(& No, I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer who would like to see it survive and prosper in these difficult times.)

+1

richardbrennan

Visit site
I have now had several meals there over the past month or twoand all have been excellent, the scallops are to die for! My only criticism is that they can be a bit slow at times, a Sunday lunch some weeks ago took nearly till Tuesday! I also wondered up to the lightship last Saturday evening just for a drink. I have to say I was not impressed; the whole place smelt of stale cooking fat and the food did not look good.

xcw

Visit site
I have now had several meals there over the past month or twoand all have been excellent, the scallops are to die for! My only criticism is that they can be a bit slow at times, a Sunday lunch some weeks ago took nearly till Tuesday! I also wondered up to the lightship last Saturday evening just for a drink. I have to say I was not impressed; the whole place smelt of stale cooking fat and the food did not look good.

Not only does the lightship smell of stale cooking fat, the food tastes of it too :( I visited last year and it was awful, I thought I would try again this year and it is just as bad.