Hard antifoul

Colin K

Visit site
Hello,
This is our first lift out since coming over from the darker side and I can see that I have a very dirty bottom. We wondered if any of the hard antifouls stand out? Our first time having to do a planing boat (Corniche) so would appreciate any pointers. We are on the East coast so have posted on the ECF as well.

Cheers, Colin.

omega2

Visit site
Jotun sea queen if you can get it, although WE are not supposed to use it, failing that try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flag-Perf...718951?hash=item4ab4f7ce27:g:J00AAOxyjxlTLFF3

second best but better than all those posh ones.

Blakes Tiger is pretty good as well.

2years of muck coming off but the paint still fair

23rdjune2010LIFTOUT007.jpg

Last edited:

drh2

Visit site

CX54WEK

Visit site
We have been using this too for 3 years now in the solent and have found it really good & excellent value. Like most, I suspect it somewhat depends on the area you boat/berth, but after a wash off it stands up well to AF's more expensive.

We have just reapplied some more but purely for cosmetic reasons. Last years washed up really well and would probably have done another year, but whilst the boat was out if made sense to apply some more.

Scubadoo

Visit site
We have been using this too for 3 years now in the solent and have found it really good & excellent value. Like most, I suspect it somewhat depends on the area you boat/berth, but after a wash off it stands up well to AF's more expensive.
+1 been using it for quite a few years, really pleased with the results.

KevB

Visit site
I would (and do) use soft eroding antifoul on a mobo unless you're doing 40 knots+

We used soft for a couple of season and regretted putting on hard stuff as the soft was so easy to get back to the gelcoat for a fresh repaint. The hard just builds up and builds up till it starts flaking and looking awful. That said we coppercoated about 8 seasons ago and have never looked back.