Happy Days

nickcred

Visit site
well the sun is shining the forecast looks much better and soon we will be heading off to the boat for a week or so. For the first time in months I dont have to drive to an airport, hang around with delays, spend hours in the air and then taxi office, hotel, hotel office taxi

Hope to see some of you on the way for a wave, a glass of vino or beer as we head upstream from Datchet to Oxford. It's days like this when it reconfirms that despite the hassle, breakdowns and cost buying a boat was the best decision we ever made.

Hope you all get some time to spend on the water

Nick

DWT

Visit site
We are doing the trip in reverse from Sunday, Reading down to Chertsey. We usually go upstream and have never been further downstream than Windsor despite all my intentions to go down to the bumpy bit.

Looking forward to seeing some new bits of the river.

pheran

Visit site
You guys make me feel so envious. Having sold the good ship 'Pheran' back in May, I am boatless for the first time in many, many years and it feels totally unnatural. Roll on October when we will probably start the shopping trip for the next one. In the meantime, I hope the rest of you enjoy whats left of the summer on the river. Sob!

miket

Visit site
Keep an eye open for "The Four Ferretts". We are leaving Henley Saturday and going down to the Cookham area and then back up to Goring. Just over the week in all.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Keep an eye open for "The Four Ferretts". We are leaving Henley Saturday and going down to the Cookham area and then back up to Goring. Just over the week in all.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know the way Mike. Out of UTMYC, turn left, thru lock and keep going.

Gavi

Visit site
Just had our first run out after the watery incident. Had to remove a considerable amount of debris from the prop/rudder first, cut back a willow tree, and undo some rather tightened ropes (I was away over the weekend and the river had dropped more than I expected).

Still, all is well and we are taking some young 'uns out tomorrow evening. Then I'm going to the pub /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif