Ha'Pennypier grumble..

Marmalade

Visit site
of course for a few quid more you could have nipped in to Shotley and had a nice quiet / still berth with access to water and power...

galeus

Visit site
Last year I moored on the inside and I think there was a reserved sign or similar there (like you say you can't book a place) but I never got away with it; a grumpy harbour staff bloke told me it was reserved for a disabled person. They did turn up later, nothing obvious in the way of disabilities but did seem to be a good friend of the aforementioned person.
I managed to squeeze in nearby.

Denek

Visit site
Must admit I have always found the stalk there really pleasant and helpful. We all have good and bad days I suppose. If I plan to go I normally will check on the webcam to see how busy it is first.

Visit site
And harwich is an improvement on that?

Fish and chips from the Pie-Seas (Church St?) is fantastic, the locals are queueing down the street at opening time!
The Pier Cafe is fine as well. Also the Alma pub, (probably others) or even the big hotel opposite the lightship... so it's definitely an improvement!

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
Fish and chips from the Pie-Seas (Church St?) is fantastic, the locals are queueing down the street at opening time!
The Pier Cafe is fine as well. Also the Alma pub, (probably others) or even the big hotel opposite the lightship... so it's definitely an improvement!

Well, there’s more choice, but having eaten at most of those, I’m not certain they are an improvement... we made a special trip for the chippy one weekend, not impressed.

The Thai place otoh was very good.

photodog

Visit site
It’s ok if when it’s quiet, but A bit too rough for us when busy.... it’s always a bit stressful mind, and there always seems to be some issue with a barge/ someone who booked/ locals vomiting....

67F6FDD4-D8D2-4BC6-8D41-F013C8024A2F.jpg

photodog

Visit site
“Jackyard topsail, furled round it’s yard..”

Now your just showing off.

Toutvabien

Visit site
Must admit I have always found the stalk there really pleasant and helpful. We all have good and bad days I suppose. If I plan to go I normally will check on the webcam to see how busy it is first.

I agree, they have always been really helpful whenever we have moored there.

We did once have a yacht arrive late claiming that they had "booked" the space that we were in on the pontoon. As we were leaving very early we shifted up to the ferry berth to let them have our space, but I was les than impressed with their demand for the space.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I like mooring up at the Pier in our rib for short periods of about 30 mins to use the loos and have a burger or so at the stands. When we arrive there are more often than not no mooring signs. If you tie up however and ask if it is ok for a short period you usually get a good answer and all is ok. It is all a bit disconcerting however