Guess the age

geem

Visit site
My rusty Spade anchor. It's now had the lead melted out and it's gone for galvanising. I will be pouring the molten lead back in when it returns. I am hoping that the new galvanising will last longer than Spades original. If anybody else needs their anchor galvanising mine is at Spin Galvanising in Rotherham. £2/kg +vat. My 2 year old chain is also there for regalvanising.
received_1696641821090741.jpeg

rogerthebodger

Visit site
If you can persuade the galvanizer to dip your anchor and chain towards the end of the day when they have turned the heat of the bath off, you can get a thicker coat of zinc.

geem

Visit site
so probably two years then? :ROFLMAO: Did you sail all this way back just for some zinc?
Anchor was new in 2021. It's sat on the seabed most of the time for the last 3 years since we very rarley use marinas. Chain was bought in Martinique so only two years old. Both in poor condition.

geem

Visit site
I noticed you are using Spin Galvanising. They seem to be one of the few companies in UK who will regalvanise chain. I received a customer's glowing report of their work, which can be found at the bottom of this page Regalvanising chain
I decided to use them because I had heard good things about them. Nice to hear another glowing report

lustyd

Visit site
Anchor was new in 2021. It's sat on the seabed most of the time for the last 3 years since we very rarley use marinas. Chain was bought in Martinique so only two years old. Both in poor condition.
3-4 year battery life seems reasonable for heavy use. Makes me wonder how much unharnessed power was generated as it fizzed away :ROFLMAO: