Guernsey's Marina - St Peter Port

Piers

www.playdeau.com
With Guernsey considering changes to St Peter Port's land areas, which will impact on leisure boating, I'd be interested to know your thoughts about the following:
  1. Why do you boat to the Channel Islands?
  2. Why would you choose Guernsey or Jersey?
  3. Why would you feel safer, weather-wise, to be St Peter Port or St Helier marinas?
  4. What extra facilities would you like in St Peter Port's marina?

ElJames

Visit site
Piers
1. We moor in the river Medway we like going South the weather is normally better
2,We like the atmosphere and friendly people
3. They are both good and have sills
4. It has everything we need there perhaps electric on the outside moorings

Elessar

Visit site
With Guernsey considering changes to St Peter Port's land areas, which will impact on leisure boating, I'd be interested to know your thoughts about the following:
  1. Why do you boat to the Channel Islands?
  2. Why would you choose Guernsey or Jersey?
  3. Why would you feel safer, weather-wise, to be St Peter Port or St Helier marinas?
  4. What extra facilities would you like in St Peter Port's marina?
What sort of changes are they considering? I hope they don’t spoil a destination I enjoy for what it is.
It’s changed little since I did my first channel crossing in 1982 and it’s all the better for it.

Piers

www.playdeau.com
What sort of changes are they considering? I hope they don’t spoil a destination I enjoy for what it is.
It’s changed little since I did my first channel crossing in 1982 and it’s all the better for it.

A consultation document was contracted by Guernsey States, but with no apparent discussion with boaters. Guernsey Harbour Action Areas

Question - what would make you want to stay in Guernsey rather than Jersey?

Last edited:

Elessar

Visit site
Sounds encouraging if they deliver what they say. More active waterfronts with restaurants instead of car parks and the importance or retaining marine businesses recognised. A good start.