Guapa naked

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Or as good as /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

There we are, at the end of the week - a positive note.
The rot is not as bad as it first appeared - along some seams and around the shrouds it's really bad. So bad it affected the headlining underneath.
On the positive side - more than 80% of the mulitiplex ply under the teak is still good. To be replaced where necessary, then the whole lot will be sanded and laminated and then the cork laid. Finally, a completely waterproof boat.

In some places the teak was still in 'as new' condition. Shipyard guru commented that if the deck had been properly re-caulked 6 or 7 tears ago she would have had at least another 10 years left in her before needing a replacement (original teak was 15mm thick).
By the time we got her 3 years ago it was too late already, the rot had set in. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Shipwright to start Monday, to have the whole deck stripped by the end of the week. Then she'll dry out for two weeks. Hope to see some progress from now on.

Taking winches home to be re-chromed and then cleaned & greased.

Every-one (including me) altogether more optimistic about the whole project than at the start of the week. The wrecking is all done, it can and will only get better from now on.

DSC01315.jpg

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Good to read more positive news after the horrors during the week.

Don't think I have ever seen your lady 'in the flesh' but she certainly has lovely lines and the work you are doing / having done has to be worth it in the long run.

I can still remember a RN PTI looking at me with a sadistic face during yet another hellish early morning activity during basic training and saying with glee 'there's no gain without pain'! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
I think you are doing the right thing. I could never see the point of drilling hundreds of holes in a good deck to put what is a veneer of teak on top.

I had tek dek fitted in my cockpit and am very pleased wih it. They are all getting better and better. Look just as good and are easier to maintain.

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Naked, yes, but what a splendid body! Bit like a really beautiful woman without makeup. real style

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree..... which worries me a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif perhaps my age is changing my perception of beauty. Now, where's my Playboy mag, just got to check my eyesight /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Now, where's my Playboy mag, just got to check my eyesight

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're worried about your eyesight it might be best to leave those Playboy mags alone /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

Just as an aside - where are you going for re-chroming your winches?

[/ QUOTE ]

Local workshop - they do motorbike stuff mainly (Harley)
Bloke had no idea what they were - reflected in the price /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Not the usual 'marine' rip-off