Greece

sailaboutvic

Visit site
After a lot of years contributing to help other within Greece with information ,
I decided I can't be bothered with some petter member here, who hardly if at any time contribute any info to help others ,

It's got to the stage where I am unable to reply to posting address to me without being accused of ranting , even tho there was no ranting going on them particular posting .

So I decided in the future I will reframe from reply on posting in Greece .
On this forum .

Hope everyone have a safe summer .

Good luck guys

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
After a lot of years contributing to help other within Greece with information ,
I decided I can't be bothered with some petter member here, who hardly if at any time contribute any info to help others ,

It's got to the stage where I am unable to reply to posting address to me without being accused of ranting , even tho there was no ranting going on them particular posting .

On this forum .

Good luck guys

Take it easy Vic , it's not worth getting ��

alexsailor

Visit site
Greece... yes...
right now on the way from Khaidhari to Porto Heli. Take some diesel, frappe... and wait for bad weather to pass and then to Monemvasia.

Vic. As I wrote before: I respect your decision but so it is. Weather is changing, rules are changing, charter is eating us alive; I could say these are the last moments/seasons to enjoy. You know I do not like Croatia despite I keep my boat there. But lonely bays can be found. But there are more in Greece.

Btw. This year (after my friend’s recommendation) my favourite beer is Mamos. mmmm

silver-fox

yacht.silverfox.googlepages.com
Greece... yes...
right now on the way from Khaidhari to Porto Heli. Take some diesel, frappe... and wait for bad weather to pass and then to Monemvasia.

Vic. As I wrote before: I respect your decision but so it is. Weather is changing, rules are changing, charter is eating us alive; I could say these are the last moments/seasons to enjoy. You know I do not like Croatia despite I keep my boat there. But lonely bays can be found. But there are more in Greece.

Btw. This year (after my friend’s recommendation) my favourite beer is Mamos. mmmm

Just rounded Cape Malia and heading for Monemvasia.

Agree with you comments both sailing and beer ��

Chris_Robb

Visit site

On this forum .

Good luck guys
Vic, take a deep breath and carry on posting. We have lots of views in this world so lets keep it that way. So carry on please!

BurnitBlue

Visit site
There will always be one who have nothing constructive to say. Always one. Desperate for attention and a control freak to boot they form their own little protest group of one.

Ignore it Vic. Don't let them dictate what you post. I know that you are terribly disapointed with the direction your once loved Greece is heading. You write with emotion and say what you want. Maybe once the communist Government has been replaced with their eternal luxury yacht hang-up things may improve.

Please continue your comments about your opinions on Greece and the tax and the water taps and whatever you like.

Rants are a delight to read. Especially yours. Hope to read more.

alexsailor

Visit site
@silverfox Nice. I’ll wait for a day or two in rainy Porto Heli. Btw; does anyone swim in this bay. Somehow I do not like it...

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
debate is what keeps thread interesting and I am all for a good debating , we also all learn from debating .
But when you can't post without people wanting to shut people up because view isn't the same has their and in this case even trying to encourage other to join in ,
one have to wonder what's the point of it all,
What's happen to free speech.
Especially when it come from people who very rarely contribute anything of any use to anyone .

I really appreciate everything people wrote here .

Taken rtboss1 advise and taken it easy for a while .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic, take a deep breath and carry on posting. We have lots of views in this world so lets keep it that way. So carry on please!

Chris for the time being I need to distain my self from the Greek threads , I got too involved in it and it really doesnt affect me for the foreseeable future maybe never again depend out things pan out .
there some good knowledgeable guys out there like yourself , vyv , Tony , Mike, not to forget Mac who seen to also be keeping his head down lately and many more to answer question to help cruisers who need info on greece .
I will be posting else where on the liveaboard forum , I haven't give up posting although there been times when I nearly have .
When thing cool down ,I will get back to more gently Greek topics.

alexsailor

Visit site
Porto Kagio yesterday afternoon. First,huge PP RIB entered the bay and circled around the boats. We were on the north anchorage alone. They came and I showed them with my hands if they want to tie up? They just said that we are ok and went to the other boats. They left without checking anyone. After two hours a PP motor boat entered the bay and went close to one of the sailing yachts. Couldn’t hear what they spoke... Than they left.

I find it strange that they bother to come to Porto Kagio....

I see more PP boats around this year.

alexsailor

Visit site
On the way from Koroni a PP motor boat checked every vessel. They came close to our stern and I showed them my VHF to talk to them. They just waved “no” and proceed. What are they looking for? They could not see my boat’s name or registration so they were not checking “online” Tepai etc...
Is this just an action against black charter or what?