Greece E-Tepai..... Tip

njthake

Visit site
I have just tried to pay my E-Tepai online with Barclays online International payment.
All completed ok BUT where the recipients reference goes it will only tale 18 of the 20 digit E-Tepai number!
any suggestions please.

njthake

Visit site
Hi,
I Have used Wise and used the correct 20 digit number sent the money to the AADE with correct bank details.
My wise account says sent and I have the receipt from Wise but no receipt has come from AADE !!!
I have been waiting patiently since 22 June.
I went to the Lefkas Port Police to get my transit log, but I cannot obtain it without the official receipt!
I showed them the confirmation of payment but that is no good.
Any Ideas of who to email to jog someone's arm?

JFowler

Visit site
You need to log back into your eTepai account to see and print the receipt.
You’ll find instructions on how to do this on Chris Robb’s ‘sticky thread ‘ at the top of the page.

njthake

Visit site
Thanks for your help.
I've just had my 5th attempt at what seems to be the mandatory password change on each login and now account blocked!!
I'll try again in a few hours.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi,
I Have used Wise and used the correct 20 digit number sent the money to the AADE with correct bank details.
My wise account says sent and I have the receipt from Wise but no receipt has come from AADE !!!
I have been waiting patiently since 22 June.
I went to the Lefkas Port Police to get my transit log, but I cannot obtain it without the official receipt!
I showed them the confirmation of payment but that is no good.
Any Ideas of who to email to jog someone's arm?
You can pay the money directly to the Port police.they will issue a receipt

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
You can pay the money directly to the Port police.they will issue a receipt
Interesting, I thought that they weren't allowed to collect money. Perhaps that has changed or I was wrongly informed. I remember paying for a DEKPA a few years ago and being told I'd have to pay somewhere else and get a receipt. I duly wandered off, did that and had to join the end of the queue again. I usually pay TEPAI at a bank or possibly post office. Good to know that PP can collect the money now.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Interesting, I thought that they weren't allowed to collect money. Perhaps that has changed or I was wrongly informed. I remember paying for a DEKPA a few years ago and being told I'd have to pay somewhere else and get a receipt. I duly wandered off, did that and had to join the end of the queue again. I usually pay TEPAI at a bank or possibly post office. Good to know that PP can collect the money now.
Not all of them can do this, they will tell you to come back when the correct officer is on duty.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Any Post Office will take payment & give a receipt. Very efficient.
Why can't the Greek Government sell their monthly cruise tax via Amazon? I guarantee two minutes no hassle and your done. Sweden is a cashless society. Everything is paid by card. Easy, no hassle. Even a trip to the loo for a wee. I have not seen any Swedish money for years. When organised by somebody with a brain it is really painless. I do not understand why it is so difficult for the Greeks to have a working system.

There is a well known American saying "never let anyone hand you their problems" this is a Greek problem. I will not jump through their hoops to solve their innefficient system. My plan is to "launch and go" pity because I like greece but the stress with their ever changing paperwork and run-around is not worth it for me anymore.

Last edited:

OldBawley

Visit site
The Greeks found a new milk cow.

I have a Perkins engine. After 41 years duty some parts are in need for replacement.

Found a business in GB that sells new parts, ordered the parts plus delivery to Poros Greece, paid by credit card.

Three days later the parts ware in Athens (Airport) and then FedEx mailed me that the Greek customs had me with the balls. I had to appoint a broker, an accountant and some other agents to “clear” my engine parts. Total amount : more than the parts are worth. Plus, they email you after office hours, that way making sure you can not get them on the phone and you will be charged 5 more days of “storage”

Total rip off. Brexit.

I will never, ever get something from GB; China or US. I rather stop yachting.

BTW, in other European countries, packages that need to be “cleared” and paid TVA have it done by the courier when he delivers the package. Greece has a different approach. About 5 more bureaucrats.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The Greeks found a new milk cow.

I have a Perkins engine. After 41 years duty some parts are in need for replacement.

Found a business in GB that sells new parts, ordered the parts plus delivery to Poros Greece, paid by credit card.

Three days later the parts ware in Athens (Airport) and then FedEx mailed me that the Greek customs had me with the balls. I had to appoint a broker, an accountant and some other agents to “clear” my engine parts. Total amount : more than the parts are worth. Plus, they email you after office hours, that way making sure you can not get them on the phone and you will be charged 5 more days of “storage”

Total rip off. Brexit.

I will never, ever get something from GB; China or US. I rather stop yachting.

BTW, in other European countries, packages that need to be “cleared” and paid TVA have it done by the courier when he delivers the package. Greece has a different approach. About 5 more bureaucrats.
They will make you an offer shortly for a fraction of the amount as dash..... many examples coming to light as the customs take advantage of the system.

OldBawley

Visit site
The package was delivered in 3 days from Parts4Engines to Athens airport in 3 days. There the customs held my package and Orbit couriers was given the handling.

I became a bill of 180 € for DUTIES & TAXES, HANDLING
CHARGES, BROKERAGE FEE, VAT BROKERAGE FEE, DELIVERY ORDER FEE, and VAT
DELIVERY ORDER FEE and paid that amount immediate by bank transfer. Sent Orbit a screen shot of my transfer.

We are now 2 days later and it proves impossible to call Orbit after I paid. The simply hang up on me. I tried 30 times, they put me in a waiting loop or hang up. They will probably bill storage fees at 25 €/day as well for a package the size of a small bread.

Just minutes ago I had a mail that my package is lost.

I need a part for my SL seatiger winch as well, could buy it in UK but hey, I know it will never arrive or be packagenapt, so why bother.

Seven Spades

Visit site
In my experience most problems are with browser/OS combinations. It would be really helpful if everyone would say what they have used to access the system, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS and what browser so that we can see if a pattern emerges.

njthake

Visit site
In my experience most problems are with browser/OS combinations. It would be really helpful if everyone would say what they have used to access the system, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS and what browser so that we can see if a pattern emerges.
I use Mac Big Sur 11.3.1 and Safari