GRACE 1909

mabru

Visit site
DEAR FRIENDS,I AM LOOKING FOR NEWS,PICTURES,PLANS,RACES,ETC.OF "GRACE " NICE GAFF SLOOP BUILT IN 1909 BY ALEXANDER ROBERTSON (CORRIE,SCEPTRE...).CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?
THANKS AND GOOD WIND
MB

FAITIRA

Visit site
sORRY i CAN,T HELP!

sOMe oN heRe GeT rEaLLy UPsET if YoU usE capiTals In THeWrong PlacE, I GOt My wrIsT sLapPEd tOO!!!

Seagreen

Visit site
Actually, Mabru, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry your first post seems to have resulted in a silly argument on forum manners, and that non of the respondents -including me - can actually answer the question. Non the less, try not to be disheartened by this. Some of us out there in Cyberport can be really useful on occasions.

Just sometimes (sigh), it can get a little tedious.

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

FAITIRA

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a joke! Some on here might say 'GET A LIFE'

[/ QUOTE ]
You jumped in a bit quick there I think, READ MY POST AGAIN, you may detect I was supporting the Poster, But I accept your apology unresevedly, Noble of You, THANKS!

FAITIRA

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
exactly, what a load of rubbish - anyone would think we were French!

Good luck finding the answer to your question MB

[/ QUOTE ]

You too are not a very perceptive reader, nasty crack about the French, many of the ones I know are much nicer people than you appear to be, make sure you read the POST properly! But being a big hearted Guy, I accept Your APOLOGY too, Thanks!

FAITIRA

Visit site
I do hope you understood I was supporting you, As I said, I too, as a "novice" on Forums was chastised for useing capitals on my first Post here.
Personally I can,t see how it matters a "toss", only as a slow typer it takes me longer this way!

I hope you haven,t been put off, as I almost was! By the way, I have been critised for my spelling, even though no appeared to have probs understanding what I was on about.

Welcome, you will find there are a lot of pleasant, helpful people around on here. Bill.

Casey

Visit site
For what this is worth the Auxiliary Sloop Grace is noted in the 1975 Lloyds Register of Yachts. Her official Number is 128275 and signal letters MOKZ. Her owner then was Kathleen W Hibberd from Glasgow and her home port was Bursledon. She had a 4 cylinder petrol engine and was built in 1909 by A Robertson in Sandbanks and was designed by A.M. Sellar

This information is very much out of date but it might give you a starting point for your research.

The best of luck.

ccscott49

Visit site
Why send me a PM, when I was supporting you and never insulted you? I would insult you, but cant think of anything nasty to say! Not normally the insulting type! But in future, keep your comments to the forums, not on PM's, thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paglesham

Visit site
Mabru, you may find some pictures held by Beken's of Cowes, the great yachting photographers. I'm sure Google will find them. They go way back. I have a photo from them of my old cutter, Vanity,taken in 1887!
Martin

hilaryjane

Visit site
Hi, not sure if it's the same Grace but I remember a white sloop who was lived on in the 70s by a woman called Kathy. She had a pile mooring off the Jolly Sailor in Bursledon. Tom Richardson of the Elephant Boatyard might know what happened to the boat. Good luck