GPS Question

joanne2

Visit site
Is it possible to get a hand held GPS that you can load up at home with all your Waypoints which will then download to the fixed one on the boat?

This would then enable us to use the fixed one at the lower helm position and the hand held on the flybridge.

Joanne

<hr width=100% size=1>

tr7v8

Visit site
I have a shareware utility called GPSU which is off the web. Allows you to upload and download and manage waypoints on the vast majority of GPSs.
Either do a search on GPSU or send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it, it's only 300K or so.

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Andy Pocock has just done exactly that for me from my Garmin 128 below to my Garmin 126 above, just for good measure he alsos tuck my waypoints/courses on the my mate's Garmin handheld too. I guess he must be using the software trv7v8 is on about.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

ArthurWood

Visit site
I have a Garmin 12 which I attach to a Yeoman plotter at home. I plot the course and transfer waypoints to the Garmin 12. On my boat I have a Garmin 126 which I simply connect to the Garmin 12 and transfer waypoints and routes. You could do the same w/ a PC at home. All you need are the data cables to connect the two GPS units and the cables to connect to PC or Yeoman etc to GPS12.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Observer

Visit site
Alternatively or also (I'm not an expert on this so somebody will no doubt shoot me down if I'm wrong) I think with modern fixed GPS is quite easy and cheap to have a second display (repeater) so possibly have best of both worlds. Problem with h/held is smaller display etc.

Another alternative is take your notebook to boat and download direct - possibly use notebook as plotter while its there (or use to play DVDs for the girls?).

Glad you're back safe and hope you both had good time.

<hr width=100% size=1>