Visit site
Ok, so i finally got the GPS going.

GPS red = + 12v
GPS larger black = - 12v
GPS thin black to plotter black wire in NMEA cable
GPS Green to NMEA Green / White wire
GPS Yellow is unused.

A bit of a united effort from us all.

Thanks guys for all the help. i think i would have given up if it wasn't for the assistance i got on here. I hope this helps someone else if they find themselves in the same quandary!
Post #1doesn't mention a green wire in from the GPS and the plotter manual doesn't mention a green/white wire ???

vas

Visit site
for a couple of hundred euro (for both GSD22 and matching transducer) they are alright... that's what I paid for mine years ago.
GPSMAP4*** & 5*** series are not by any means fast, but decent solid plotters and work without issues.
Would I upgrade to glass bridge or other newer kit? most likely not!

Jones the Boater

Visit site
Post #1doesn't mention a green wire in from the GPS and the plotter manual doesn't mention a green/white wire ???

The actual wire coming out of the GPS is blue / greenish (?)
I called it blue, it's obviously meant to be green, hence the writing in Green, so that was my mistake.
So what i did was try out the receive wires with the green coming from the GPS, i had the chartplotter on the table before me and when i hit it with the green/white from the NMEA 0183 cable it began searching for satellites. I took the GPS out side and placed it on the lawn and it picked up 11 sats and the boat on the chartplotter moved from Skaggarat in Denmark where it's been sitting for the past week to where my house is. So it is working.

The initial error was mine, the greeny / blue wire was actually Green. Maybe i'm colourblind, just as well i am not a sparky as i would be eyebrow-less! :-D

Other threads that may be of interest