Goss of the Antarctic

Cornishman

Visit site
From time to time requests for info on Pete Goss has been sought here, so here is the latest news.
Pete appeared on local TV and featured on the front page of the Plymouth Evening Herald last night to announce that he has virtually given up sailing and his next adventure is to walk to the South Pole with polar explorer Alan Chambers. The main ideas are to complete Scott's 92 years old challenge and to raise money for the HopeHIV charity which helps African children orphaned by AIDS.
Training in secret has been going on for some months now and the trek is due to take place between November and January next and will follow Scott's route.
Visit www.thisisplymouth.co.uk

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Years ago I had a Norton Dominator.
It was a fearsome beast and I was the self-styled scourge of the A9.
One morning returning belatedly and with much velocity, from an overnight liaison with a pretty young thing from Grantown, I came off it and it got totalised by a Douglas Fir.
I bought a van after that and have not ridden a bike since.
This all came wandering back on reading Cornishmans post.
I'm now wondering whether - in a former life - there wasn't a bit of the Pete Goss in me.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

longjohnsilver

Visit site
And exactly which bit of PG do you have in you?! I always thort you were a strange one Claysie, but as a (happily?) married man, well really!! Have you met Ron Davies? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif The two of you could become good chums.

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Very happily married. I'm the Boss because Dear Heart said I could be. Left it a bit late (24) then made it with one month to go before the sprog came forth.
The Bike days were over by the time I was 19, never did see the pretty young thing from Grantown but there were one or two more before incarceration in domestic bliss.
30 yrs tomorrow.
Just don't remember breaking those 4 mirrors

Claymore

claymore

Visit site
Re: Tell us more about the tree

Ah wiz daein aboot 48 mph when ah really should hae bin daein aboot 20. 3 things stick in the memory about the tree
1 - it was an evergreen - this was February and it was green. Evergreen.
2 - it was big one
3 - it didn't give an inch.

Fortunately it was one of those slidey off on yer arse sorts of affairs where bike an rider parted company to pursue own separate paths into roadside woodland.
The bike was a better jumper than I - either that or I'd used up my quota with the PYT from Grantown - anyways, the bike jumped the ditch and went on to headbutt the tree.
I never made it past the ditch - emerging, bikeless, trouserless, wounded of pride and my bare arse covered in gravel rash soon followed by frostbite. (February)

Claymore

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site

You were'nt meant to come off Dominators, you know! They had Featherbed Frames!

Takes me back to my younger self on a Honda going into a right hand bend on a B road and making a lightning decision - "lorry or hedge?"....hedge it was, and the bike went right through it into a field of sugar beet (November) whilst I got halfway and ended up putting the thornproofness of Barbour to the test!

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site

The featherbed frame - no match for a bit of slippy stuff, adverse camber and a really dozy sod who thought he was a regular Geoff Duke in the saddle.

Claymore

burgundyben

Visit site
At the tender age of 16 I rode a Vespa 50 Special (stop sniggering), as you come down hamble lane there is a turning to Netley Abbey, about 200 yards down that turning there is a big island alongside the road, the road is straight and old road sort of curves off and joins up again, the island is about 100 yards long with a ditch, the local school had finished for the day and the was this pretty young thing called Claire walking along the pavement by the Island in her uniform, think she was 15 yo, hhm, any how, I thought it look cool if I rode through the old road and joined back into the main road without slowing down, well I sort of started to peel off and realised that I was not going to make it, so I tried to abort, but it was too late and I mounted the island (not claire sadly), I was wearing shorts and tee shirt at the time (ouch!) the bike went in the ditch and the seat fell off skidded across the grass and came to rest by her feet, she gave me a most peculiar look!!

<hr width=100% size=1>Wanted - Austin Healey 110/6 or 3000 to rebuild, LHD considered.

claymore

Visit site
What a damn shame the seat landed at her feet and not you - you could have had a peek up her skirt
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGghhh Stop It

Claymore

ccscott49

Visit site

Geoff Duke! Now you're really showing your age!! Want to buy a Thruxton Vellocette? my brother is selling his before leavin g the UK, just boughjt a monkey bike for the boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>