Good yard for hull blasting & antifoul, anywhere in between Marseille and Genoa

MapisM

Visit site
I've been asked a suggestion as per title, but I'm rather out of touch with that area.
So, knowing that quite a few of you guys are familiar with it, I thought to ask here.
Goes without saying that a place which, on top of being good, is also honest pricewise would be great.
I know it's a lot to ask in boating world, but hope springs eternal... :)

Oh, and it should be equipped for lifting an almost 50T boat.

Portofino

Visit site
Marina Loano the Amico yard . No DIY they do it .

Near Cannes Arie d Boom at la Rague .Either DIY you can live a bord or service , staff will do the work .

Needless to say the IT versions final invoice all told is approximately 1/2 of the French.

There are plenty of others .The ones I use are gated and high evening security worthy factor to enter into the equation imho .

DAW

Visit site
I mainly use Monaco Marine in Beaulieu-sur-Mer (where I'm based) or St Laurent du Var, near Nice. Both have lifts that can handle a 50T boat ... I think the maximum in Beaulieu is now 140T and in St Laurent du Var its 75T.

There are mixed views about Monaco Marine and it depends on who you speak to. I've only had good experiences and always found them to be reliable and whilst not cheap, reasonably competitive (although at "French" and not "Italian" prices).

In St Laurent du Var they allow you to choose your own contractors, In Beaulieu, you're supposed to use theirs or you can pay a daily charge for access. One advantage of using MM is that because of their size and network or yards the CdA, they have significant influence over local subcontractors and parts suppliers. If you discover something when the boat is lifted they can usually get someone there to fix it quickly, which is not always the case in the smaller, independent yards. Also, if you're a regular customer you get priority access/treatment during busy periods.

Arie de. Boom is a full service yard and has a good reputation locally. I think its much more of a DIY facility than MM, which is why its so popular with the local guardiennage companies who use their own staff for anti-fouling, polishing, etc.

jointventureII

Visit site
I'd go Amico Loano, Cantieri Navali Genovesi (you won't be able to do it yourself) or Genoa Sea Service (fairly sure they will allow you to do the antifoul work yourself - the blasting they do)

Cantiere di Sestri if you want to go DIY. Yard at Varazze also good.

It really will cost significantly less to do this in Italy.

MapisM

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I'll relay your suggestions to the chap who asked me.
Without missing the opportunity to pretend that I made an extensive search specifically for him, of course! :p

Chris H

Visit site
I’ve used a few companies up & down the French/Italian coast and the cheapest was Monaco Marine in st Laurent du var and they will let you work on your own boat, if it’s moved to different part of their yard.