Good value pocket flybridge (SL330)

andy59

Visit site
judging by the photos I would want to know whats gone on with the starboard engine . It may all be fixed but it looks like its been a tad warm at some point .

halcyon

Visit site
And its in the UK, no no faffing about abroad.

Sure it needs a re-trim and OG will be along in a minute to say that as it has sterndives you'll never park it and its only good as a viking pyre but...

If you want a spacious two cabin boat lots of people are happy with these.

http://www.boats.co.uk/boats-for-sale/sealine-330-statesman-1368

The 330 is a better model as it had a wider hull, allowing the engines centres to be moved apart to improve slow speed handling.

Brian

ari

Visit site
That's an amazing price - there's a Fairline 29 Targa on the same site that is virtually the same age for more!

Presumably Brian means compared to the previous 310. I think the only difference between the 330 and the F33 is the design of the Formica wood stuff.

oldgit

Visit site
Last edited:

ari

Visit site
There's a reason for that.

Which is presumably that the Targa 29 is better quality?

I wouldn't argue with that at all, but there is no getting away from the fact that the Sealine represents a far bigger British built (so in most people's eyes 'quality') boat with a flybridge, 'patio doors', a proper deck saloon, lower helm, two separate sleeping cabins to the Targa's one, and big six cylinder engines to the Fairline's little AQAD 31s.

I'd suggest that the marketplace would generally value the S330 quite a bit higher, whatever you may feel (and I'm not saying you're wrong) about the quality.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Which is presumably that the Targa 29 is better quality?

I wouldn't argue with that at all, but there is no getting away from the fact that the Sealine represents a far bigger British built (so in most people's eyes 'quality') boat with a flybridge, 'patio doors', a proper deck saloon, lower helm, two separate sleeping cabins to the Targa's one, and big six cylinder engines to the Fairline's little AQAD 31s.

I'd suggest that the marketplace would generally value the S330 quite a bit higher, whatever you may feel (and I'm not saying you're wrong) about the quality.

I was only teasing. IMHO the Fairline will have the edge on quality and looks less dated. I can't deny that the 330 gives you more boat for the money. Get rid of the decals and the hideous upholstery and it could be a nice boat for someone.

Pete

CLB

Visit site
Ive been on both boats and I'm sorry to say but the targa is not that nice. I've never got this quality thing between fairline and Sealine. I've owned both, been on plenty of examples of both and seen behind the scenes on both. There really is nothing between them if you compare like for like.

ian38_39

Visit site
That is a 330 statesman at 310 statesman money and it has the right AD41 engines.
Yes they can be a little tippy and not keen on going in a straight line but we took our 310 everywhere and were regularly out when much bigger stuff was holed up, ran her for 8 years and she coped with everything we threw at her and that was east coast, North Sea, plenty to test any boat.
Retrim to all the places you can see so forgetting the mattresses etc is going to knock you back a couple of grand. You won't find a lot out there that can hols a candle to the accommodation at the size
That is a huge amount of boat for not a lot of money, Just make sure all the stringers are still in place.

solitaire11

Visit site
I don't wish to blow my own horn(much) but I very rarely use the bowthruster on mine, I guess being younger and "with it" makes a better handler..lol

ian38_39

Visit site
Never used one once in 8 years on our 310 statesman, would have been lovely to have one though as stern to with the wind on the bows was a real pig.

Momac

Visit site
As a F33 owner I would have to say the bow thruster is useful and not a cheap item to fit. . I would add I have been out plenty since my bow thruster developed a fault about 3 months ago and I haven't hit anything.

I acccept any stern drive boat is going to be relatively light at the bow compared to mid engine shaft drive. But coming from a single engine sterndrive sports cruiser boat I find the F33 easy to handle .

Looking at the boat for sale here I would be asking about the engines and what appears to be paint burning off - which should not be occurring.