Good source for fenders?

Tranona

Visit site
Just bought from Marinescene who have lowest prices for Marjoni fenders. Size 1 would be OK for general use but if you moor alongside regularly size 2 might be better. Total of 6 is enough. Good sorce of reel ends of rope as well.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
A beatiful large fender in a lovely deep blue velvet cover drifted past our boat in the marina a few weeks ago. My Son grabbed it as I thought great, I can use that. Then SWMBO said that there was a large Italian mobo at the other end of the pontoon and their fenders looked similar. Next time I walked past I had a look and could see four identical fenders with covers on one side and three on the other. He even had lovely deep blue matching mooring lines.

There was no-one on board that time but next time we walked past I handed it to him. He was very pleased as he clearly thought it had gone forever. Ciao! :)

Richard

JumbleDuck

Visit site
All fenders look bigger when you buy them than they do on your boat. Corollary: buy fenders which look a bit too bit and they'll be just a bit too small. Note: it's almost impossible to have a fender which is too big for use, if not for storage.

Last edited:

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
Note: it's impossible to have a fender which is too big for use, if not for storage.

yokohama_sling_type_ship_fender.jpg

:)

VicS

Visit site
I need some fenders for my just arrived bradwell 18, it came with three small one.
Anyone got a good source for good prices? And any advice on sizes,,types, and how many I should get?
Thx

The trouble with fenders for small boats is twofold.

It seems that if you scale the size down from what would be Ok for a large boat you end you with something too small

The storage space seems to be proportionally less than on a bigger boat.

I bought "Chubby" fenders
see http://www.anchor-marine.com/singleeyefenders.htm
because they take up less storeage space than cylindrical fenders of the same diameter. I think mine are the 7" diameter ones. 9" might have been better.

As Tranona says 6 is enough but I think If starting all over I would have 2 larger than the other 4. If storage spaced permitted in addition to the other 6.

I also bought some small cylindrical fenders because I thought they would be useful ..... They aren't!

Last edited:

JumbleDuck

Visit site
I bought "Chubby" fenders see http://www.anchor-marine.com/singleeyefenders.htm because they take up less storeage space than cylindrical fenders of the same diameter. I think mine are the 7" diameter ones. 9" would have been better.

I got a couple of the 9" chubby ones cheap at Ardfern this summer - from a cancelled order - and they are excellent. I never attach anything to the eyes at the bottom of my other fenders, so that end is just wasted storage space.

It's particularly useful to have a couple of fenders bigger in diameter than the others when one has a boat which is pointy at both ends.

Last edited: