Good on NSW

charles_reed

Visit site
Good news from Oz for those of us driven to distraction by idiots on PWCs.

"Personal watercraft (PWC) sales across New South Wales are estimated to have fallen 75 percent since the State Government introduced legislation prohibiting use of the craft on Sydney Harbour and its adjoining waterways, Middle Harbour and the Parramatta and Lane Cove Rivers.

NSW Premier Bob Carr appears "hell bent" on the destruction of the PWC industry, according to Grainger McFarlane, chief executive officer (CEO) and general manager of Bombardier Recreational Products Australia, distributor of the Sea-Doo range..."

Now why can't some of the UK local authorities follow suit?

G

I reckon pwc sales have fallen lot anyway. None I cd see at SBS. I said a yer ago they were a passing fad. My kids don't want one, tho admittedly they aren't nec an industry yardstick...

robp

Visit site
Does that mean we can all get one cheap now? Great tender for zooming round Yarmouth Harbour. Sure they'd love it! Forget the kids, well the ones under 40 anyway.

KevB

Visit site
Charles

How sad to hear of a water user (yourself) getting enjoyment from another water users (jet skiers) restriction on their choice of water sport.
Then again your probably a yottie!!!

Without a doubt dinghies cause more aggravation than jet ski's so shall we try and get them banned???

No, thought not.