Good APPs for Marine use

ericreeder

Visit site
Hello Everyone I started using NMEAremote on my IPad and its fantastic but I started to wonder what other APPs are out there that I could be using, especially any free APPs.

I notice the free version of OpenCPN has a lot more downloads than the paid for version. Does anyone know the difference other than legality?

Any APP suggestions are welcome as I want to download them while at home and then test them on the go when we go down to Southampton. And Android or IOS as I have both.
Please let me know
Much appreciated

moomba

N/A
Visit site
Hello Everyone I started using NMEAremote on my IPad and its fantastic but I started to wonder what other APPs are out there that I could be using, especially any free APPs.

I notice the free version of OpenCPN has a lot more downloads than the paid for version. Does anyone know the difference other than legality?

Any APP suggestions are welcome as I want to download them while at home and then test them on the go when we go down to Southampton. And Android or IOS as I have both.
Please let me know
Much appreciated
Nice website showing apps used and feed back
http://www.oceannavigator.com/July-August-2016/Voyagers-app-favorites/

willieaames

Visit site
Navionics. My home lake is a 14,000 acre reservoir and I would never be able to locate the river channel edges without this. The recent addition of multiple colors for different depth ranges takes this to the next level.

DaveyG

Visit site
I mainly use Absolute Tides and i-Boating, and started to look at Savvy navvy. AIS overlay on I boating is pretty handy.

Channel Sailor

Visit site
Imray Navigator, Imray Tides Planner, Vessel finder (free version) and Meteo Consult Marine. Would probably use Imray Instruments if I have wifi networked Instruments.

Last edited:

Chris Edwards

Visit site
Anchor Alarm by Florian Kriesche.

Available for iPad or iPhone only.

Needs a GPS reference (I have a Garmin GLO which is independent of boat sensors) but will check position and heading.

Ive tried a few of these but you can draw a permissable anchor swing shape, not just a 360 circle. Great for letting you know if the wind shifts at anchor.

It will also sense a low battery, if you turn the alarm volume down or leave your earphones plugged in by accident.

HarryHenderson

Visit site
im using (Transas) Isailor hooked up to my network. its a bit costly once all the features are added to it but it is still cheaper than the chart plotter.
ive got a local area network on my boat with AIS and GPS with quark elecs QK-A026.

HarryHenderson

Visit site
i like Isailor APP. ive got it on samsung tablet with android. got my navionics charts and all my instrument data on my network with Quark-elec A031 all streamed via WiFi. ive been looking at a 3G router to join my network so i can relax in the evenings.

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com