God bless it and all who sail in it

jana

Visit site
I see in the news today that Lloyd's List will no longer refer boats as "she" but rather as "it" ie "it slipped it's moorings" What other nautical phrases will we lose in this example of political correctness?

jana

G

According to yesterday's Evening Standard, the Navy thinks this is an absurd decision, and has no plans to follow suit. They also spoke, I think, to Ellen MacArthur and various other famous yottie types, none of who liked it any more than the Navy did

"El manana es nuestro, companero..."

alant

Visit site
How can anyone looking at some of the VLCC's, Large Container vessels & large slab-sided car transport vessels, even consider them as 'She'. A 'She' is a 'graceful' vessel (ship or boat) - even the Navy has 'graceful' ships - Nuclear Subs are 'graceful' compared to some of the uglies currently plying the high seas.

jimmie

N/A
Visit site
well mine will always be a she ... she's costs me a lot of dosh when I'm not prepared, I get lots of dirty weekends (no shower!), and I think she's beautiful ...

cynthia

Visit site
Velsheda will always be she

as well as the other fantastic J boats. If only ....................................sadly my beam is much too broad.

G

Man Overboard to Person Overboard?

Seaman/Seamen to plain old sailor?