Glue for PP/PE plastic?

mikeshepard

Visit site
Loctite make a 2 part super glue for all plastics. "It even bonds difficult plastics like Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP)" it says on the packet! There is a caution about items that will be wet in service though. I think that I bought it from B&Q.

savageseadog

Visit site
You can buy a small solvent cement dispenser from a model shop. Try to put the minimum amount on and open the crack up if you can. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I was wondering if the resin used for repairing windscreens would be any use?

eyehavit

Visit site
Try a hot melt glue. There are different types available so get advice which resin stick to buy.
Also, PP & PE can be easily welded.

Stellina

Visit site
Thanks, I looked for this and found Loctite "All Plastics" which I will try. I started searching for glue but was a bit put off by the number of hits saying that it was difficult to glue PP/PE.

richardandtracy

Visit site
We use a fair bit of PE & PP at work. Never found anything that glues it properly for any period of time. Must have tried 50 odd types of glue, all supposed to glue PE & PP. None worked well enough to use.

Sorry.

Regards

Richard.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Also not found a good glue for PP/PE. The only way I found half OK is to heat weld using a hot air gun with a fine nozzle. ( melt edges and press together quickly.