Ghost Riding a Boat

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Apparently this is the new thing on social media.

This idiot lost his boat and someone will definitely get killed one day :oops:

ontheplane

Visit site
Sadly 90% will be fake, but the absolute morons won’t know that, and will try it, fall in, boat heads off and kills someone. Tragically it won’t be them it kills, but some innocent jetskiier / windsurfer or swimmer minding their own business.

I hope they can be tracked and prosecuted, but very much doubt that is possible.....

ontheplane

Visit site
I also hope if anyone finds a boat where this has happened, they claim salvage on it as they have proof the owner / skipper voluntarily abandoned the vessel and they were not in distress.

Although clearly mentally retarded.

The only way to beat this (and I doubt it will work) is to post some extremely negative comments in the comments section and report the video as promoting very dangerous behaviour (does You Tube care about that? I doubt it.)

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Do you honestly believe that these are real..? If so, I have a bridge for sale. :D

Those were just a few examples i was sent from YouTube but apparently they are all over Twitter, Instagram and TikTok

Imagine how many drunk idiots will be doing this during American spring break to get likes on their Instagram accounts

:oops:

burgundyben

Visit site
Always a little mindful when I am singlehanded and sorting warps or fenders with autopilot on... but this takes it to another level, I feel a bit of a wimp now! :)

If single handed I always put the engines in neutral before moving away from the helm.

You don't do warps and fenders at 10 knots single handed on AP? Do you?