Getting Bored Now

G

Does anyone else feel the same as me?
This forum used to be a great place to exchange info/experiences, and learn something from others, along with a good banter.

It seems to me that it has turned into an off the wall chat room/spoof chamber where I dont even bother to look at most of the postings since they seem to be the ramblings of a few regulars.

Any chance we could return to the good old days?

I realise I have put myself right in the firing line so go ahead guys tear me to pieces I just dont caare any more

byron

RIP
Visit site
I'm inclined to agree, I think things have gone too far and the forum has become somewhat of a sloooow chat room. I am
with you, in future I shall limit my postings to sensible offerings.

©2001

BarryD

Visit site
How sad, and your point is?

OK, perhaps it has swung away from Motor Boating as such, for which I'm probably a little bit guilty, but come on a little humour / banter between people is surely acceptable. I'd hate for it to be a sterile place, I want informed opinions on things not regurgitated statistics.

I've taken a minor hammering for looking at petrol engined boats, but having said that the same members have pitched in with helpful things to look at on trials etc...

Suspend the wind-ups certainly, but if someone wants to know about footy or the Taliban then let them post, if no one wants to reply - it's pretty easy not to. This is a chat forum (the clues in it's name). Self regulation works well, but calling for Kim to close a thread because it doesn't mention boating is just, IMHO being a big girls blouse.

Barry D.

Chris_d

Visit site
Re: How sad, and your point is?

Barry, aggree with all your sentiments entirely,
However in the last 2 days there have must have been over 150 posts from the same 5 people none actually involving boats or even trying to encourage a response from anybody except the same small group of people, whilst it has been midly entertaining, some of us do like to talk about boats on the Motor Boat forum.

Please...

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Thanks for the sentiments...think there's room for all camps but would ask that the boating threads are treated as such, so that everyone can get some value out of them.

Incidentally, we have a chat room in prototype...bit too early to say when those of you interested will have it as it needs some development but it is live now on the server. That perhaps will help the cause a little?

tico

Visit site
Hallelujah!!!!!!
This forum used to be interesting to us, the great mass of boaters who can't afford 200k for a 45 footer, but still get great pleasure from our smaller cruisers.
Lately, however it has become as clicquey as the Royal Yact Squadron. Shame on you... you know who you are.

BTW I keep mine in an area of the country with beautiful deserted sandy beaches, quiet bays, reasonable marina fees, friendly helpful staff, Pubs with cheap excellent food, not crowded, no jetskis plenty of water depth etc, etc....

No..i'm not telling you where, otherwise it will become like Poole where unless you have a 40' Sunseeker everyone looks down on you.

Tin hat and flameproof overalls now donned.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Lighten up, Neil. There's a bit more to life than being anal retentive about motor boats
I suppose its like television, you can always switch it off or change channels and, anyway, if you dont like the direction of some of the threads (and I would agree with you on some of them), post some of your own