Getting Afloat Star has passed away.

Seanick

www.nickgates.co.uk
Hope you don't mind me posting this, but Tessa, by all accounts the Star of Getting Afloat, passed away yesterday. Seeing as most of you guys have seen the series I guess you may be among her fans. Rescued from a dogs home in '93, she assisted in tractor and crane driving, over looked all boat restoration projects, was first aboard many a rebuilt boat. An excellent line handler, sailor, and advisor of all things nautical.
She reached the grand old age of about 18. She was never left at home, and had come to work and play with me every day for the last 16 years. I think you will agree she was a natural in front of the camera. A high mileage dog! Were all a bit sad here. Thanks.

IMG_0043Tessa.jpg

IMG_1298copy.jpg

IMG_0152tessa.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

sarabande

Visit site
The saddest thing about being a human being is that you outlive so many pet friends.

It looks as if she enjoyed every minute of all the sailing fun here with you, so you must be a great owner and have a thousand happy memories.

Lots of commiserations.

Billy_Mizzen

Visit site
Sorry to hear Tess has moved on to ‘Fiddlers Green’ looks like she had a pretty good life though! If I returned in another life, I would without doubt come back as a boat yard dog…

old_salt

Visit site
Re: Getting Afloat Star has passed away.

Dear Nick.
That is so sad being a pet owner I feel your loss and commiserate with you.
Yes she was a star and it showed, you must miss her greatly.
May you have the strength to find another small friend to accompany you in the future.
All the best David.

glandorebay

Visit site

My Deepest Sympathy Nick,

Love never dies, it still exists albeit in a quieter place. Cherish all the good times you had and the memories will live forever.

rogerdog

www.bristolchannel.co.uk
Sorry to hear that Nick,
I remember loosing my dog Roger (- hence the username) a deeply upsetting experience. I know you proberbly don't want to think about it - but get another dog ASAP - it helps (and if another rescue dog helps them) - belive me I know !

old_salt

Visit site

Hi Nick.
From one who has been there more than once,
Please let me help to ashore you time will heal.
But it should never erase the memories.
You have the support of well wishers, I hope this gives you the strength to step in to the future.
Cheers David.

Seanick

www.nickgates.co.uk

Before this post slips of the edge, and into oblivion......thanks so much for all your kind words, PM's and emails. You all understand how hard it is losing your 'right hand dog', and your supportive messages were a great support. Tessa sleeps forever at the bottom of the garden, curled up in her clinker boat-bed, four foot down.
N.

ColdFusion

Visit site

A bit late (I don't come in here much) but I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. My four-legged friend passed away in November '07 aged 16 and I don't think I have ever cried so much in my life. But it does get easier with time, as people say. I know everyone is different but I could never have another dog - it wouldn't seem right, somehow. Savour all the happy memories and rest in the knowledge that Tessa had a good life and was lucky to have someone who cared about her as much as you clearly did. Not all dogs are so lucky.

noname

Visit site
sorry to hear that news nick,last saw her in the yard a short time back.
Time does do its thing like they say.
Never thought i would have another but caved in at last...
A bit early yet, but you and the Pearl without a four legged shipmate! dont think Star would go for that !
All the best .dave(Sea Jae)