Gel Coat Crazing/cracking

Vortex

Visit site
i'm currently looking at a boat that is suffering from some crazing and very light cracking in the gel coat over the windscreens and windscreen supports. i am assured that this is superficial and is fairly common on this model of SunSeeker. Is a repair likely to be effective and last, or will it resurface in time? is this a big job that will cost a small fortune and become a recurring feature?

Marine Reflections

hullgel.co.uk
i'm currently looking at a boat that is suffering from some crazing and very light cracking in the gel coat over the windscreens and windscreen supports. i am assured that this is superficial and is fairly common on this model of SunSeeker. Is a repair likely to be effective and last, or will it resurface in time? is this a big job that will cost a small fortune and become a recurring feature?

Crazing and Cracks in gel coat are different.
Can be repaired, they may return if flexing is still present.

Any pics?

Tony

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Many sseekers suffered this from the up till about end of nineties. Most in the super structure.

If the repairer is good they will not return. Example if there is flexing you fix the area that flexes, easier said then done.

Momac

Visit site
It doesn't sound serious but your surveyor should be able to say whether any repair is necessary.