Gas , refillable

wingcommander

Visit site
Calor don't want them back. I offered to surrender THREE 4.5 Kg bottles in exchange for one 6Kg bottle (me paying for the gas) and was told not possible I would have to pay a hire charge for the 6Kg bottle. So I didn't and I still have 2 of them.
Strange I was the complete opposite and seem to remember reading on official Calor website. I took an empty 4.5 Butane bottle, it was exchanged for a full 7kg bottle, I only paid circa £30 for the gas . I was given a receipt which stated the 4.4 to 7 kg swap. I had telephoned in advance to confirm this would be the case.

Attachments

• gas receipt.jpg
    gas receipt.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 3

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Strange I was the complete opposite and seem to remember reading on official Calor website. I took an empty 4.5 Butane bottle, it was exchanged for a full 7kg bottle, I only paid circa £30 for the gas . I was given a receipt which stated the 4.4 to 7 kg swap. I had telephoned in advance to confirm this would be the case.
Different Calor dealers obviously interpret the rules differently. I was refused at the local Calor dealer. Earlier this year I found another Calor dealer not far away and when i explained my issue he just gave me a 6Kg Propane charging only for the gas, and said he doesn't want the small empties back as Calor are not interested in them. The 6Kg bottles are for my caravan.

Lucy52

Visit site
I have a Safefill bottle. You can refill at Safefill bottles at Morrisons, if you show them the bottle first. About 79 pence a litre. Due to the decline in LPG cars, there are fewer petrol stations supplying gas. The payback time is quite long, due to the price of bottles.
Filling LPG bottles in the boot of cars is frowned upon, on safety grounds, and not really allowed, but then decanting Calor bottles has its dangers, though many do it.
Refillable bottles probably won't fit your gas locker, much has been written about it here and elsewhere.
It is possible that some independent gas outlets will fill Calor bottles for a consideration, though I have no idea where, you would need to ask.

Daverw

Visit site
Just to note not all Morrisons will allow safefill , not sure why but my friend has been refused in a number.
saying filling calor from donor bottles has dangers is a bit over the top, just be careful as fitting any new bottle on your boat and don’t fill to over weight, very basic stuff for normal people really.