Gas locker for Westerly Chieftain

G

I have a Westerly Chieftain (centre cockpit/rear cabin version of the Centaur) and I need to fit a gas locker. There are two fairly small/deep cockpit lockers which are really too small to have a gas locker and store sailing gear. Also if I put a gas vent to the starbord or port side I am fairly certain any proposed gas locker will fill with water. Has anyone faced this problem? Any ideas?

G

My Centaur needs a gas locker too. So far I am checking what is available on the market. www.xwrigging.co.uk/html/body_repairs.html has a retro fir kit available. Trouble is it only fits the port side. Oh, and it's £500.00. Trafalgar have a stainless version fitted to a Centaur and have promised to E Mail a picture. Their price sounds much more competitive but, until I have seen what it is, I don't know how competitive.

If there were round waterproof hatches that take a 10" gas bottle, the job would be easy.

The best place for my locker is on the starboursd side and I would vent it out the stern, well thats the plan at the moment.

Cheers

John D

G

I understand the Westerly Assn has drawings available, but you may have to be a member