Garmin 'Home port' application

Sans Bateau

Visit site
I have just installed this at home but the chart is not showing waypoints that I have created on the plotter, dont tell me its not able to do so, please!:(

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
I have just installed this at home but the chart is not showing waypoints that I have created on the plotter, dont tell me its not able to do so, please!:(

Hiya Stephen - Are you sure the waypoints are missing?

With Garmin equipment, when you create waypoints, they are all at the location where you plotted them. :confused:

If you are in Chi and create 20 waypoints for your future passage plan, even though you moved the marker to where you wanted the marks to be located, they will all be located in Chi Marina.

You then have to pick each waypoint and manually enter the Lat-Long for each mark. :)

Ex-SolentBoy

Visit site

I think you will find that the waypoints entered into a Garmin plotter are stored on the plotter and not on the chart card.

So, when you take your chart card home to use with Homeport then you have not taken your waypoints with you.

I think there may be a way round this but it involves using an additional card as a data card and then saving your waypoints onto it.

Best to talk to Garmin support in Southampton. Very helpful they are.