Garmin 551s Chartplotter with sonar

Moonbeam

Visit site
Gamin 551s (sonar model) with built in G2 maps for UK and Eire.
NMEA 2k and NMEA 0183 compatible. This can also display AIS targets with the appropriate set up.
Includes power/0183 data/sonar cable, sunscreen cover, and bulkhead / pod mount.
I have installed the latest firmware (v4.80) , all fully working (tides/times etc).
You would need a separate transducer (like the P79) for the sonar capability.
Specs here GPSMAP® 551s | Garmin
This will work nicely with Garmin wind system GWS10/GMI-10 which I have on a separate for sale listing

£225 in P&P to mainland UK

IMG_5112.JPGIMG_5109.JPGIMG_5113.JPGIMG_5110.JPG

Last edited:

peterhull

Visit site
Gamin 551s (sonar model) with built in G2 maps for UK and Eire.
NMEA 2k and NMEA 0183 compatible. This can also display AIS targets with the appropriate set up.
Includes power/0183 data/sonar cable, sunscreen cover, and bulkhead / pod mount.
I have installed the latest firmware (v4.80) , all fully working (tides/times etc).
You would need a separate transducer (like the P79) for the sonar capability.
Specs here GPSMAP® 551s | Garmin
This will work nicely with Garmin wind system GWS10/GMI-10 which I have on a separate for sale listing

£225 in P&P to mainland UK

View attachment 171323View attachment 171324View attachment 171325View attachment 171326

peterhull

Visit site
I will have it please.
Can send you money via bank transfer if you give me name on account. Sort code and account mumber

My full name and address is
Peter Hull
1 Sawpits Close
Stogumber
Taunton
Somerset.
TA43TX

Regards
Peter

peterhull

Visit site
Arrived today, thanks Stuart. Very pleased with condition. It doesn't look as if it's had much use. There is always a little reliability risk of buying S/H electronic equipment .

I am allegedly restoring a Privateer 20 trailer sailer since 2018. Completely underestimated the work needed!! It's been completely stripped and all new deck fittings and new electrics , sails , rigging etc. Spent too much money on it really which will unlikely be recovered. I bought it cheaply though.
Peter

It's cutter rigged so really unusual. It's about 80 % finished now. Hoping to have an extra push to finish it and launch it this season.
Otherwise might die before I am able to use it!!

Hoping to trail it to Teignmouth boatyard for new rigging and a few other jobs then maybe to Galmpton for launching.

I have charts on a tablet with Navionics. I was intending to use that but I like the idea of permanent 12v supply and better bright waterproof screen in addition to sonar input.
The SD card slot is also a good feature.
I have always been pleased with Garmin products as well.