Galvanic isolator —— who? whT

allanc

Visit site
Following up on the latest YM's recommendation to install a Galvanic isolator, I have just bought one. it is the one that YM featured, the in-line one as pictured, the model Gi120/P/SA. I bought it through eBay, unused the vendor said, and tried to get an instruction leaflet from the manufacturer.
On entering the company website address as shown on the product www.galvanicisolator.co.uk it took me to a company called Safe Shore Marine.
I tried several times but the same result each time. So I called Safe Shore Marine and spoke to a very knowledgable chap who was as puzzled as I am about this. Yes, he is a competitor, he knows the other company well and cannot explain the apparent mis-direction.
Then, when googling the above product number, up comes the company required, which when tapped upon, comes up with a warning about it not being a safe conection and that someone may be impersonating the company to steal my details etc.
This happens frequently on a 'galvanic isolator' search for the company that 'the connection is not private' and etc.
Try it yourself.
But, the question is two-fold - what's going on? and - how did YM get involved?
Mmmmm.

allanc

Visit site
Just to play fair with the manufacture, having found him on eBay I emailed him and received the required instructions leaflet immediately with his apologies, good service. No doubt he will resolve the website problem as well.
So this time it's my turn to apologise, to recognise that there is usually a simple answer and to hold off before complaining.

galvanicisolator

Visit site
Hi! Just to answer your point...

We are galvanic-isolator.co.uk, which is, of course, different to galvanicisolator.co.uk The hyphen makes all the difference!

As for the site cert, this is a glitch with our webhost, and they are already on the case. Our site cert is, in fact valid, as evidenced by the padlock that (normally) shows at the left hand end of the address bar. Don't worry, we won't steal your details, money, soul, or anything else for that matter :)

Cheers... Ed

galvanicisolator

Visit site
Just to play fair with the manufacture, having found him on eBay I emailed him and received the required instructions leaflet immediately with his apologies, good service. No doubt he will resolve the website problem as well.
So this time it's my turn to apologise, to recognise that there is usually a simple answer and to hold off before complaining.
Absolutely no apology necessary. With all the scammers, fraudsters and general baddies that are out there, it pays to be cautious!

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Hi! Just to answer your point...

We are galvanic-isolator.co.uk, which is, of course, different to galvanicisolator.co.uk The hyphen makes all the difference!

As for the site cert, this is a glitch with our webhost, and they are already on the case. Our site cert is, in fact valid, as evidenced by the padlock that (normally) shows at the left hand end of the address bar. Don't worry, we won't steal your details, money, soul, or anything else for that matter :)

Cheers... Ed
I did point out the hyphen in post #2, so your product labels include the hyphen, despite post #3 ??