Gale force cloths pegs

Visit site
Preparations for my summer cruise must be going well because I have moved down my todo list to this item, "Buy gale force cloths pegs".

Does anyone know where I can buy some chunky cloths pegs that will keep a towel anchored down in a breeze?

penultimate

Visit site
Among my many idiosycraticisties I use ordinary wooden clothes pegs but inscribe each with the name of a friend/acquaintance. I did this after an infant crew member once dropped a peg overboard with the comment, "It is only a peg". Now that each has a personality the incidence of loss has been dramatically reduced.
In a breeze it helps to fold a towel over the washing line / guardwire about its midlength before pegging.

michael_w

Visit site
Don't forget to pin whatever it is underneath the wire at the windward end.

The finest clothes pegs I've found where from a Bayona hardware shop. With the local clothes lines up on the 5th storey, the springs have to be very strong to stop the laundry dissapearing.

graham

Visit site
These will keep your towel safe /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

121.jpg

VicS

Visit site
Re: Clothes pegs

There are some fine looking "unbreakable, extra strong and windproof" stainless steel pegs in the Temps L catalogue, 20 for £7.95 ref 6247 or 40 for £13.90 ref 6334.

Also some "storm proof pegs", 24 for £4.99 ref 8832

bullen

Visit site
Just bought some hurricane pegs yesterday in Robert Dyas. Used them earlier this year in the Windwards and not one towel or cossi blew away. No metal bits either . £1.79 for 24!
Jan