Gaios paxos

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I haven't been in Gaios for some years not only because it can be a pain for cross anchors at time but since they started to charge we stayed clear .
Well decided to give it a go yesterday , I could t believe the charge 24.40 for a night , the water and power is extra that's if it was working which it wasn't , most of the main quay was empty and to top it up ,
the small space between us and another yacht an 70 foot power boat insisted to squeeze in pushing both boats fenders flat .
Well it's going to be another few years before I bother with that place again .

edsailing

Visit site
I must have been lucky last week then, we had two nights on a charter boat, no charges made, electricity free from previous users. Maybe things change after May 1st

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I must have been lucky last week then, we had two nights on a charter boat, no charges made, electricity free from previous users. Maybe things change after May 1st

You must of been , non of the water or power is working although the water tank was on the quay selling water , no one buying .
I won't be returning there again at them prices .

Flica

Visit site
I must confess, the 5 visits I've made to Paxos have all been notably ill-blessed.
It's the island where, despite there being 5 ATMS, it was impossible to get any cash, all of them being NU.
Lakki, though pretty, smelt terrible (and that very early in season).
On the other hand I found the little anchorage between Paxos and Mongoni delightful. On that occasion though, the forward/reverse Bowden cable broke