G R Pro clean(r). Any good?

wayneA

www.hitrapia.co.uk
Picked-up a leaflet on 'GRPro-Clean(r)'. Claims to be a professional GRP cleaning service that (quote)"restores stained, tired looking gelcoat to 'as-new' condition" without using abrasives or harming the gelcoat.

Wondered if anyone had used this service and had good results? I'm looking to refresh a 20year old GRP deck.

TIA.

Wayne

BarryD

Visit site
Quoted me £400 for a full external clean (inc. cockpit) for a 28 LOA boat. Seemed a bit steep so I didn't go for it, but they have plenty of business in Chichester.

Barry D.

IMHO & FWIW, NWGOI.

quaelgeist2

Visit site
Have just received an offer for a 25ft boat (in Netherlands!) for GBP 100.
The guy has tested/demonstrated the product on the hull - it was impressive!

I can tell you more when I have had it done in about 2 weeks, but the initial impact without abrasive substances, purely on chemical treatment was good. There are many boats treated annually here and there seems to be no long term damage.

cheers
chris

romany123

Visit site
Hoping to import something similar from the states...still waiting for custom clearance... I have there paperwork on the afore mentioned company and decided we need a DIY solution over here as I dident fancy the prices quoted, and I like working on my own boat, I tried also to find out what product they where using...not a chance
I have used a sample of the new product on my boat and so far I am inpressed (its 23 years old ) cleaned the hull up with compound and put it on. This is NOT a add and im not trying to flog you it (thats why I have not mentioned the name of the product) but a notice that we may me putting it on the market soon and advertising it in the mags....We will be contacting Boat owner and Yachting Monthly if we get the customs sorted out

Dave

quaelgeist2

Visit site
Yes - I had a similar experience when I called GRP authorised importer in Netherlands. No info, only reference to the 'expert' who would DO it using the stuff.
Pity, a good DIY would be the best !

chris

romany123

Visit site
Chris
I think I have sorted out the Inport problems now...You would think I was trying to import the crown jewels. Should be on the market soon at about £15 to do up to a 26ft boat. We had the same problem as you sorcing the product that we could offer to the market in DIY form at a reasonable price

Dave

markhankey

Visit site
Used them myself in 2000 to clean up my Varne 27 after it
had a deep refit. Most impressed and they did a great job on the
hull. Coachwork roof did not come up as well but to be fair I think that
it needs re-painting and is beyond help !