Further Progress.

burgundyben

Visit site
Yesterday, it took 2 bloody hours to get the electric working, and as it had been off it was bloody cold in the tent. But then, I sanded inside the bog, removed the bog and sanded round where it had been. Then undercoated the top half in the bog but it’s a bit confined and I was getting my elbows and knees all over the bits I had done so I undercoated the other side of the shelves for the cabin.

Then, today, I went off to Bampton’s and bought the new bit of wood (£14.75)which is now a bog door, finished undercoating inside the bog, sanded shelves, went to the shop and got a ham and cheese slice and pork pie and drank my flask of coffee, then my dad turned up and said ‘you’ve got a lot to do’, drilled some screw holes for the rear cockpit seat at 10mm and inserted some of those nice little brass csk screw cups, then took them out and epoxied them back in, then brummer wood stopper’d around them, then primered one side of the bog door.

"Who was he?"

tcm

Visit site
more info please

ooh tellus more. What sort of primer was it -quick drying or the ordinary? Will you sand down the primer and how many more coats do you plan? Have you cleaned off the brushes in turps or a substitute or just plonked them in a bit of water? Your dad sounds a bit of a lazy git only priming ones side of the door - what's wrong with the other side? And did he remember to do the primer before hanging the door else it will be har to do the underneath. Also, when fitting the door, did you allow for the paint thickness? And what sort of lock are you using? I'd be worried about those so-called brass wassername things cos they go a bit rustified cos only brass effect sometimes instead of proper stuff, was there no stainless?