Funny old weekend

Peppermint

Home in Chilterns, Boat in Southampton, Another bo
Visit site
First of WOW what a weekend for weather. can this realy be England?

A mate and I thought we'd muddle our way down to Poole on Saturday. On the way he received a phone call suggesting we might meet up with some folks he knows in Studland Bay. The bay was crammed with anchored boats and tenders, PWC's, Windsurfer's and Ski-boat's all getting as close together and close to the beach as possible.

We anchored well out of the way and before I knew it I'd been captured by the stinkies. We were picked up in a brash saucer shaped thing called a Skidoo. We proceed through the moorings being careful to create just enough wake to get noticed and joined a rafted selection of "palaces du gin" where I was forced to spend hours watching barely clad females, drink champagne and eat strawberries, all to a beat soundtrack. Of course I kept my yottie end up, as you might say, by looking less than sleek, sneering at their second fridge and mocking their passage times. I explained that boating, like sex, should be a slow rythmic affair not all foam and row but apart from one or too of the ladies, this failed to convince the majority. So thats my bit of missionary work done for now.

<hr width=100% size=1>