Fuel tank leak

Bouba

Visit site
Would you really want to do that knowing one of the welds failed and another could be just about to fail? :eek:
There is no such thing as a non welded tank…including plastic welding…
I tell a lie…a fibreglass tank isn’t welded.
So, why would a different tank be any better?…there are more than 400 Swift Trawler 34 on the water…yes, I am not the only one with a leak for sure…but there hasn’t been 400 failures!
Anyhow until the tank comes out we can only speculate

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
There is no such thing as a non welded tank…including plastic welding…
I tell a lie…a fibreglass tank isn’t welded.
So, why would a different tank be any better?…there are more than 400 Swift Trawler 34 on the water…yes, I am not the only one with a leak for sure…but there hasn’t been 400 failures!
Anyhow until the tank comes out we can only speculate
I understand what you are saying but there is an underlying cause of the leak which could be down to installation, design and or suspect welding practices. If your tank has suffered a weld failure then I would want to know the cause and I wouldn't eliminate poor welding but I would also be suspicious about the installation design and shape is there for instance excessive vibration that has induced the failure.

Bouba

Visit site
I've enjoyed your saga of the fuel leak.
Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning.
You'll just be thankful when it is fixed and able to use the boat as intended.
There is going to be a very long tail to this saga.....the diesel smell is not going to go away anytime soon...all the clothes and sheets etc etc are at home and have been washed multiple times...but the smell lingers...during the warm months I will start steaming everything (I have a powerful steam cleaner)...and airing everything out but it might be a long time before we sleep on the boat or invite guests