Fuel scrubbing

Tomahawk

Visit site
I am looking after a friends gin palace whilst he is a bit poorly. Turns out it has a lot of water in the fuel. I pumped most of the water out yesterday, but obviously I am concerned about fuel bug. The tank is almost full so a lot of fuel so far too much to simply throw away. I would rather treat it with biocide and fet it filtered.

I recall seeing someone with a mobile fuel scrubbing kit many years ago. Obviously looked on google. Does anyone know of the chap?

Plum

Visit site
I am looking after a friends gin palace whilst he is a bit poorly. Turns out it has a lot of water in the fuel. I pumped most of the water out yesterday, but obviously I am concerned about fuel bug. The tank is almost full so a lot of fuel so far too much to simply throw away. I would rather treat it with biocide and fet it filtered.

I recall seeing someone with a mobile fuel scrubbing kit many years ago. Obviously looked on google. Does anyone know of the chap?
No personal experience but someone here did recommend:
Pure Fuel Solutions Ltd
8 City Road
West Mersea
Essex
CO5 8NE
07399 528 742 - 07973 729 45

Slowboat35

Visit site
It's easy and cheap enough to rig own polishing system if you want to avoid the doubtless huge cost of having someone else do it, but quite unnecessary unless you actually have fuel bug.
If there's no bug contamination present and you treat with biocide you're fine - after all there's no point in polishing clean fuel is there?

Slowboat35

Visit site
Slime-blocked filters. Red/brown sludgy deposits and cloudy fuel/water when you pumped the bottom of the tank out. (does it really not have a sump-drain?)
If the water and fuel you pump out is clear and clean you almost certainly don't have bug and a preventative dose of biocide is probably all that's required.
Of course, it's all there, chapter and verse via Google...

Last edited:

Tradewinds

Visit site
Slime-blocked filters. Red/brown sludgy deposits and cloudy fuel/water when you pumped the bottom of the tank out. (does it really not have a sump-drain?)
If the water and fuel you pump out is clear and clean you almost certainly don't have bug and a preventative dose of biocide is probably all that's required.
Of course, it's all there, chapter and verse via Google...
If everybody followed the (obvious) "search Google" suggestion the YBW Forum (in its entirety) would be more be even more dead than it is now. Perhaps thanks for small mercies?:D

PS. I agree with your advice.