Fuel line water separator

Visit site
The water separator on my beta engine is at the highest point in the fuel line (rather than at the low point in accordance with the installation manual) and as a result when I open the drain plug to remove any water that the separator has collected air goes into the system (not good) rather the water and/or fuel coming out. Any ideas on how to make the separator drain properly?

pvb

Visit site
The water separator on my beta engine is at the highest point in the fuel line (rather than at the low point in accordance with the installation manual) and as a result when I open the drain plug to remove any water that the separator has collected air goes into the system (not good) rather the water and/or fuel coming out. Any ideas on how to make the separator drain properly?

Relocate it to a lower position?

peteK

Visit site

Mine is also at the highest point in the fuel line but never had any problems when draining any water out of the bottom of the seperator,fuel seems too top it up from the tank.