Fuel injector service

Visit site
I have a 1979 MD7A engine in my boat, I am looking to get the fuel injectors serviced. My boat is in Chichester and looking for an engineer to remove, service and refit the injectors. Any recommendations of engineers who could do this in the area? I hear getting the injectors out and refitting can be a pain and I would hate to damage them, hence looking for someone who can do this as well as service them. Thanks all in anticipation.

Bilgediver

Visit site
I have a 1979 MD7A engine in my boat, I am looking to get the fuel injectors serviced. My boat is in Chichester and looking for an engineer to remove, service and refit the injectors. Any recommendations of engineers who could do this in the area? I hear getting the injectors out and refitting can be a pain and I would hate to damage them, hence looking for someone who can do this as well as service them. Thanks all in anticipation.
If you are lucky then having disconnected the high pressure pipe and spill banjo connection and removed the strong back which is held by two nuts the injector might come easily after a bit of waggling from side to side . If it looks like needing serious persausion then get help. Most injector service places expect you to deliver them to the counter. They will have the facilities to clean calibrate and test as well as checking the spray pattern. Replacing is easy and they DO NOT require a copper washer in the head as they sit in a copper sleeve,

Visit site
If you are lucky then having disconnected the high pressure pipe and spill banjo connection and removed the strong back which is held by two nuts the injector might come easily after a bit of waggling from side to side . If it looks like needing serious persausion then get help. Most injector service places expect you to deliver them to the counter. They will have the facilities to clean calibrate and test as well as checking the spray pattern. Replacing is easy and they DO NOT require a copper washer in the head as they sit in a copper sleeve,
I am just cautious of the word Lucky and might !