Fuel Consumption

cliff

Visit site
24hp motoring 6½ knots (hull speed) ½gal/h max (incl eberspacher), Motorsailing / battery charging SFA - don't motor sail and rarely need to "battery charge" using engine only.
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>

Boatman

Visit site
2,500 revs seems a bit high, and your fuel consumption will jump by about 1 ltr per hour reduce to aprrox 2000 rpm and you should use less than 2 ltr per hour (mine averages approx 1.7 ltrs driving a 36ft hull 5.5 tns at approx 5.5 knts)

G

Try this ..... (apologies to those who passed data to include - work has been pretty hectic ...)

fuel_consumption.jpg

If you cannot read it well here - then right click and Save As .... or use the button that appears when you pass cursor over the image ....

Cloven

Visit site
Small Boat Champ's table sounds spot on.

We have just used 10 litres for approx 7 hrs under power for a Yanmar 2GM20 in a Hunter Channel 323 over a 3 day period or approx 1.43 litres/hour (chart shows 1.5).

G

The table is based on others data supplied to me from their observations.

I must update with the extra info ... I have been given ...

I prefer such a table - as it is based on actual use - not calculated expected .... much more practical and useful to any of us to plan with.

awyatybw

Visit site
Well, I had the distinct embarrassment of running out of fuel last week. My previous estimate of 2l/hr at cruising speed proving to be inadequate for a non-stop Dartmouth to Dover run (the engine died just south of Hastings). Anyway, gave me the opportunity to refine my estimates of consumption.

Some data for your table. Victoria 34 (28' 4" LWL), 7000kg, Yanmar 3GM30F, 27HP, 90l (100l?) tank, 6.4kts, 3000 rpm, flat water, some headwind (F2-3), c. 2.8l/hr; 5.5kts, 2200 rpm, c. 2l/hr; pootling up and down the river, c. 1l/hr.

Alan.