Frigomar air con

tetleys

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a Frigomar service engineer to look at my air con.
Boat is in Weymouth .
I have googled for Frigomar uk without success

Any suggestions greatly apppreciated

Cheers
Tetleys

Geoffs

Visit site
I can recommend Nauticool of Poole. I have a very obscure American system, the manufacturer is no long in business, they were very helpful and fixed mine when it went wrong.

superheat6k

Visit site
Is it working OK e.g. a routine service required or are there faults apparent ?

Do you have any details, e.g. Air or water cooled, Refrigerant type, some photos ?

adey

Visit site
I once berthed in Chiavari, less than 3 miles from the Frigomar factory, and I still found it difficult to get someone to come and look at my system. When they did eventually send an 'engineer' he didn't have a clue and suggested I get it serviced. That nugget of brilliance cost 270euros! To this day it still doesn't work.
Point is you don't need someone from Frigomar, just a competent air-con engineer. It probably helps if you have the original drawings but there's nothing special about Frigomar systems as far as I know.

tetleys

Visit site
The system is water cooled and has a closed loop of water running through the three units in the cabins.
Has always run ok on heating cycle but has regularly locked out when running on cold unless temperature 25 degrees plus in cabins.
whilst on my travels this summer we had air locks in the raw water pump feeding the main unit which once cleared seemed ok but now there appears to be no feed of raw water as pump isnt delivering a flow.
im hoping its just the 8 year old pump playing up and possibly a faulty sensor or valve

superheat6k

Visit site
Ok so the raw water pump is not working so you have recognised this and presumably can solve this. This is not a fridge engineer problem, and you might want to avoid a labour charge to tell you "What is a pump ?"

But if the raw tare pump is not working the direct consequence is high discharge pressure sand trips of a resettable HP trip switch. Check for a transducer like switch with a rubber reset button. this might fix the whole thing.

Your system is a mini water chiller, which I have some experience of, so why are they not cutting in below 25oC - this looks like a simple stat somewhere holding them off. Most AC systems try to control the space temperature to ~ 22oC.

Are you able to measure the water flow and return temperature to the chiller unit when it runs. If you are trying to cool air to achieve 22oC space temperature this means air off from the AHU box at ~ 16 - 18oC, this in turn means chilled water into the coil (chiller flow temperature) ~ 8 - 10oC. With a return around 12 - 14oC.

It could simply be the chilled water flow control temperature stat is set too high.

tetleys

Visit site
Thanks superheat6k for the advice
I will look for the reset button.
What i meant about running the air con on cooling cycle was that after say 10 mins of running , and that was when the raw water pump was running, the system would shut down.

superheat6k

Visit site
Thanks superheat6k for the advice
I will look for the reset button.
What i meant about running the air con on cooling cycle was that after say 10 mins of running , and that was when the raw water pump was running, the system would shut down.
If the raw water system was air locked then an HP trip is almost a certainty. I would suggest you investigate the raw water system to get this flowing properly. Once this is resolved see if the system is then working, if not we can then move on, but you have already established a problem here that is fundamental to proper function.

Check strainers, seacocks, inlets, etc as per any raw water system.

If you want to chat please PM me so we can exchange contact details.