Fridge engineer Troon area

skip50

Visit site
My fridge on board has stopped working. When switched on you can hear the compressor noise, but there is no cooling. It might need re gassed, or I wonder if corrosion has led to a leak, which I imagine would not be repairable.

Needless to say, access is not good.

Does anybody know of a refrigeration engineer who could take a look, and if necessary remove the current set up correctly, with no leakage of refrigerant? From what I have seen, I would be able to fit a new compressor, cooler plate etc, they are designed for DIY installation.

The boat is afloat in Troon. Local enquiries have not resulted in any contact.

TIA

PJSail

Visit site
My fridge on board has stopped working. When switched on you can hear the compressor noise, but there is no cooling. It might need re gassed, or I wonder if corrosion has led to a leak, which I imagine would not be repairable.

Needless to say, access is not good.

Does anybody know of a refrigeration engineer who could take a look, and if necessary remove the current set up correctly, with no leakage of refrigerant? From what I have seen, I would be able to fit a new compressor, cooler plate etc, they are designed for DIY installation.

The boat is afloat in Troon. Local enquiries have not resulted in any contact.

TIA
Try Ron Haggarty - Arran Refrigeration