Friday riddle.

VicS

Visit site
How many forumites does it take to remove a Blakes Seacock from a Longbow

>

> 26 so far .......... and they still haven't got it off.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
It's far harder to remove a longbow from a Blakes Seacock. Some people will try to flush anything down a sea toilet.

True.. when my now-14-year-old son was still in nappies, his mother absent mindedly put a disposable plastic nappy in the Baby Blake... which swallowed it whole... but it stuck at the bend in the seacock. After careful thought I took the double clipped hose off the seacock, pulled the nappy clear, put the end of the hose in a bucket and shut the seacock very fast- I am a bit fussy about keeping Blakes' seacocks well greased...

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
Ydidtheywanttoremoveit

Costheyrenuts!

In the unlikely event that it does need to be removed, this method is probably the quickest:
(1) 'Box' the hole from the outside (plug it with a piece of wood)
(2) Fit a cup drill slightly larger than the keeper ring of the bolts on a power drill
(3) Apply the drill point to the centre of the plug and cut around the ring
(4) Remove the valve, still attached to the resulting GRP disc
(5) Patch the hole properly
(6) Fit a new valve that is probably a poor substitute for the one that you have just removed
(7) Inform the forum about how clever you have been
(8) End of story.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Costheyrenuts!

In the unlikely event that it does need to be removed, this method is probably the quickest:
(1) 'Box' the hole from the outside (plug it with a piece of wood)
(2) Fit a cup drill slightly larger than the keeper ring of the bolts on a power drill
(3) Apply the drill point to the centre of the plug and cut around the ring
(4) Remove the valve, still attached to the resulting GRP disc
(5) Patch the hole properly
(6) Fit a new valve that is probably a poor substitute for the one that you have just removed
(7) Inform the forum about how clever you have been
(8) End of story.

It's a Blakes seacock attached by four coach bolts.

Davegriff

Visit site
Loathe to post this on the thread, and somebody has probably already mentioned this and I've missed it, but I did wonder. As there are two blakes close together in the photos, is the PO actually operating on the same one - inside and outside of the boat? Wouldn't be the first time....