Friday laugh

Strathglass

Visit site
Re: How many Scuttlebutters to change a lightbulb?

But is it a 'Marine 'lightbulb' at 500% mark up compared with the same thing in B&Q?

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: Stinkpots

Not forgetting that it is only properly trained and qualified scuttlebutters who can do this, no way could a stinkie change a light bulb without bringing the whole ceiling down in his wake.

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com

Wonderful post, Andrew . .

. . but you forgot those many hundreds of Scuttlebutters that implored Steve101 in the first place, not to change his lightbulb for that gold plated 18-stalk candelabra with the 120w flicker effect neatabulb candle lamps, french silk lampshades, and automatically dimmed by infra-red remote control to correspond with the ambient light conditions and Steve's mood.

People said that the 'authentic' plain and simple good old fashioned traditional single pendant dangler would do the job just as well and he should stick to that at least to start with, but Steve101 was not convinced.

"If I want light, I want proper light" he said "I can afford it, and Angie deserves it" and "by the way, could someone recommend a good electrician?" "Oh, and do you think I'll need some switching lessons, or shall I just go for it?"

Jeremy_W

Visit site

Cornishman 938 will post the latest news from the LBCI conference, 20 scuttlebutters will debate this acronym until it is revealed as "Light Bulb Changer Instructor".

wishbone

www.reflect-designs.co.uk
Re: word of warning

Make sure the switch is off...Whilst changing the light bulb in our dark and dingy loo, (sorry back to toilet talk) it is necessary for me to stand on the loo rim, (I am only 5’6’) fumbling around the ceiling I remove the old one, with the new one in left hand I proceed with outstretched arm and projectected finger trying to locate the lamp holder when ZAP! I found it good job I was on the loo, It frightened the s**t out of me!!!

Wishbone

PaulJ

Visit site

...............plus one to complain that technical matters such as this should really be discussed on the PBO Reader to Reader forum ;o)

TheBoatman

Visit site

Very good
But you forgot
10 to ask " will the new bulb be covered by the ColRegs"
200 to ask " What the flag etiquette should be" and offer opinions<s>

Metabarca

Visit site

plus the option of buying a lightbulb in the US: cheaper but what about having it inspected and passed by officialdom? Will there be less VAT to pay if you bring it in via Madeira? Compatibility issues too.

All worth at least 15 posts IMHO

snowleopard

Visit site
that seems to have killed it...

seems to me that the rate of posting has dropped radically since this thread appeared. are we all afraid of looking like a bunch of saddos?