Friday laugh

MarkR

Visit site
Q. How many existentialists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Two. One to change the bulb. One to observe how the lightbulb itself symbolises a single incandescent beacon of subject reality in a netherworld of endless absurdity reaching towards the ultimate horror of a maudlin cosmos of bleak, hostile, nothingness.

Viking

Visit site
Nice one!
But you might have to explain what a existentialist is to the Motor Boat 'chauffers' one, theres more them six letters in it!. the other they may think it part of their outdrives!

AndrewB

Visit site
How many Scuttlebutters to change a lightbulb?

How many Scuttlebutt members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer: 795

1 to change the light bulb and to post to Scuttlebutt that the light bulb has been changed. 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently. 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs. 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs. 53 to flame the spell checkers. 41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames. 109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this exchange to www.lite-bulb.com. 111 to defend the posting to Scuttlebutt saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant. 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty. 18 to complain that Scuttlebutt is being used to sell light bulbs. 9 to complain about the new Euro-regs for light bulbs. 27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs. 14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs. 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to Scuttlebutt, which makes light bulbs relevant to Scuttlebutt. 33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them, and then add "Me Too". 4 to complain that this was all covered by previous lightbulb threads. 12 to post that they are leaving the Scuttlebutt forever because they can not handle the light bulb controversy. 1 to start a thread on light as a metaphor for his God/country. 2 to post that their religion/country has a better, brighter lightbulb. 2 to post the URL for a picture of a naked bulb. 1 to email Kim demanding the whole thread be deleted.

MarkR

Visit site
Re: How many Scuttlebutters to change a lightbulb?

Ok, I meant to say existentialists sailors to change the bulb in the stern light ...

Relevant or what?

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

. 18 to complain that Scuttlebutt is being used to sell light bulbs.

that bit was pure class
i have not read past that bit cos i have hit the floor each time i reach it.
brilliant
post of the week
IMHO

Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

ccscott49

Visit site

<post of the week> has my vote, I'm still crying!!

I

Iota

I think Andrews post should be pulled by Kim and Andrew sin binned for 24hours for causing so much merriment and pain due to excessive laughter.

Courtesy is an iota but makes the world go round

clyst

Visit site
Re: Oi

And you forgot the one that posts informing everyone that he has a light bulb that he bought back in the 60s and wants to know if it's a CLASSIC .

Rosa

Visit site

2 to ask for courses on where to learn to change lightbulbs. 1 to ask for advice on buying my first lightbulb.

halcyon

Visit site

Plus 200 posts on wether or not the course is right or wrong, and other options, or methods of changing bulbs.

Brian

jimi

Visit site

I would argue that a lightbulb, as a new fangled invention, is prone to damage if handled roughly and in fact the only sane alternative is without doubt a Davey lamp:)