Free Bavaria Forum- not allowed to log on with gmail email address.

xcw

Visit site
Yes, I tried to access the forum recently and had the same message. I tried to log on using another e mail address and had the same error message. I assume there must be a problem with the site which hopefully will be corrected soon as it's a good source of information.

BobsFolly

Visit site
Same. Tried to log in the other day to be told I was banned !
From the website :
"you are banned from using this forum!
Sorry, gmail is not accepting our activation emails, please use a different email address.
This ban is not set to expire."

Hopefully resolved, a useful resource.

Bob

JFowler

Visit site
I’ve contacted Yngmar, the BAV Forum administrator. Apparently it’s Google that have stopped anyone with an gmail address using the forum. It’s not going to change. The only way around is not to use a gmail address!
Don’t you just love big unaccountable corporations!

Yngmar

Visit site
Yup, it's Google (Gmail) that is refusing our emails (and those from many other small websites), so I've locked Gmail addresses in return (as they don't work anyways). Perhaps that was a little coarse. I've meanwhile fiddled around some more and found a finer grained control, so you should be able to log in again, if you have an existing account with a gmail address.

Nobody will be able to register a new account with a Gmail address, which is not entirely a bad thing, as Gmail seems to be the favoured provider of Russian spam accounts I'm having to spend a lot of time manually sifting through.

If you have another email provider or can get one, I strongly suggest you change to their address - you should be able to do so now.

Last edited:

xcw

Visit site
Yup, it's Google (Gmail) that is refusing our emails (and those from many other small websites), so I've locked Gmail addresses in return (as they don't work anyways). Perhaps that was a little coarse. I've meanwhile fiddled around some more and found a finer grained control, so you should be able to log in again, if you have an existing account with a gmail address.

Nobody will be able to register a new account with a Gmail address, which is not entirely a bad thing, as Gmail seems to be the favoured provider of Russian spam accounts I'm having to spend a lot of time manually sifting through.

If you have another email provider or can get one, I strongly suggest you change to their address - you should be able to do so now.
Back working now - many thanks

Neeves

Visit site
Don’t you just love big unaccountable corporations!

gmail is free and I think you can have multiple accounts. Being free - they can do what they like.

Their spam filtering is appalling, but then the account is free.

We pay for another provider, whose spam filtering is excellent - all the spam/junk we get is to gmail - I don't even think about - just delete it all.

Jonathan

Chris_Robb

Visit site
gmail is free and I think you can have multiple accounts. Being free - they can do what they like.

Their spam filtering is appalling, but then the account is free.

We pay for another provider, whose spam filtering is excellent - all the spam/junk we get is to gmail - I don't even think about - just delete it all.

Jonathan
However I have never received spam from friends who have regularly been hacked when on Hotmail and outlook.com.. never e er received spam from a Gmail hack....