France marina

poter

Still going south currently in Corsica for winter
www.fairhead.com
South of France......west side of bay of Fos. on the Rhone delta.
N 43 22 540 E 004 50 060

The reason for moving is not the cost or the facilities, which are both excellent, but really wanted a change of area & to try & get east of the Mistral which seems to blow all winter & several weeks in the summer.

poter

trouville

N/A
Visit site
This is very odd i just posted and its not hear?

This is what i said on the liveaboard post of yours:

What i ment was Heyeres is a bit of a backwater,The ports very quite in winter.There are shops but mainly aimed at French tourists, The cafes in the port are quite expensive

I met someone in port cross who was sailing around the islands for a few days i put my boat on his place for two days to charge my batteries and do some washing being very careful no from the port saw me other wise id have been thrown out!!For two days my boat could of been the person who has the places "new" boat??

I went to the capitanerie where i was told there was no place "not even for transit"Full!!

Port Napolian has less expensive facilities and port st Loise is a normal "working town" Prices are better and the cafes far less expensive as there arnt as many tourists. I do agree about the mistral though!!!

Why not try Cogolin? they have places and people that own moorings let them only thing is a 10.50 meter place is only for a boat up tp 3,20 wide so if your "fat" you have to pay a place up, but they do have places and its quite nice there at least in Port Cogolin which is just a very short walk through the hedges

Theres lots of Brits there that live there just ask them and theyll find a place for you if the capitanerie dosent why not book for this summer or next winter to try it?? I used to stay on the river untill the showeres were changed from keys to push button number pad with the shower code changeing twice a week or more and differant for each shower block.In winter it could be days before i could get in as some one came out!!

The capitain in port cogolin is very nice you could ask for a place there?But its a very small port the showers arnt great but you use them with a jetone,I leave my landrover there in summer as the park house is still free!!

I know the area very well as StTropez is my home port and has been since 1982 i bought my place and two in Cogolin which i sold in 1998 as there was only 25 years left and then i had no money!Perhaps i should have kept them as is easy now to let them!

The charges are less than any other port at about 600 euros a year so owners "can" charge less than the capitanerie,Grimaud also has a lot of places which are let for a year or so or winter.Saint Maxim and along there are more expensive a lot more!If you ask for a place now you might be offered one on a years base by next winter.

The least expensive is StTropez i pay 2.600 euros pa for an 8m place which i cant aford so a friend pays it and uses it untill one day i can aford to pay that much!

This is a rotten post!As i dont feel well,last night we were drinking a white wine which dident agree with me??And people keep turning off their internet so i have to look for another,on top of that due to cronic poverty i had to antifoul a mobo!!!A mobos far less comfortable to anti foul as they havent got keels my knee and back hurt as well as my head today.

Try around the Cogolin area and you will get something even if its only for next winter at first,but then once there youll have all winter to find a place for the year. Good luck

--------------------
liveaboard
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

suse

Visit site
Dear Trouville - I've just been reading your post about French marinas - makes me want to get a boat again, your posts! You'll find it on the Liveaboard Forum, under the thread 'France'. Keep writing! Write a book! Travel + recipes!

Susy x

trouville

N/A
Visit site
They are wonderful ports. La Napoule is a bit of a walk to the station but there are live aboards there where as there arnt in Theoule (we have a family boat there)or the others at least last time i looked.If you get a place at any of them there not to expensive and very very nice places.

OOO thanks for the nice coments.Its not easy to find internet,otherwise id tell you what we have been up to now!!Not least trying to tow my boat up the Rhone!!When i manage ill post about that it was terrifying!