Fouling 2010

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
The 3 pictures show Amoret on haul out the lighter side ie less fouling was on the open side ie away from the pontoon. It easily washed off and could be wiped off. The antifoul paint used was International crusier Uno. As said before apart from the trip from Plymouth the boat lay in her berth apart from 5 weekends and the period was exactly 53 weeks. So was the antifoul exceptional or is the East Coast much less prone to fouling than the South West where I would normally expect a significant growth of mussels and a much thicker coating more firmly attached.

April2011013.jpg

April2011012.jpg

April2011007.jpg

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
We put Uno on last year... 10 months ago I guess.. lateish June IIRC..... hoicked last week in PYH and she washed off easily... very little growth... Prop was coated in something red and that was untouched... Very clean.... I was expecting a lot worse given how little she has been used... Quick blast and frankly she looked like she had just been AF'd......

Maybe a lite year overall??

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
Did we get colder than normal water temperatures over this winter?

I was quite surprised as in the past I have done a racing scrub after 12 months and she was struggling.... but this time even the keel was looking good.... Not its normal rusty self...

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
The water would have been a little colder but the growth would have occured in summer / autumn so I don't think the winter would have had that much effect.

captainscott

Visit site
Just seen the pictures of your boat, have you considered multi- season anti fouling? You may have heard of Coppercoat which can last up to 10 years, another copper based product which is now available is C- Guard liquid copper from Benring Ltd. C- Guard is much cheaper than copperguard and does a fantastic job, if you would like further info and costs let me know.
I must state I do have a commercial interest in C- Guard.

smth448

Visit site
I use International VC17m this year on a swinging mooring on the medway. Been afloat for about a month and scrubbed for the first time last weekend. Had more slime on it already.
Oh well, back to fortnightly scrubs again.

pvb

Visit site
The water would have been a little colder but the growth would have occured in summer / autumn so I don't think the winter would have had that much effect.

Might it be the case that there's so much dissolved biocide in the locked basin at Shotley that fouling will be light anyway?

I use Micron and only antifoul once every 2 years, and the boat stays afloat in Shotley all the rest of the time.